My Xj is possesed like others! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2007
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My Xj is possesed like others!

Well hows this, got bored and went for a burn in the rain. litrally a burn, well i thought why not cycle the 4wd a bit seeing as its been a while, and since the roads are wet it will be alright. Well engages fine light all work dissengages fine, did it a few more times waround corners and such, well alls well so i thought ahh allright, ill give it a try, 4LOW 1st gear and she peels all four wheels loven it haha.

So end of the night comes as usual 2wd, park up the drive in P and no h/brake. next morning, starts and runs as usual, untill i start driving, shes running on 5. not the first time shes done it (last about 2 years ago) so i think it will fix itself next start. get to my bakery 2 streets over and all good. Start it drive out the carpark and am like engines fixed, running niceley at 90-95C idles nice, AND WHATS THIS brakes actually working? ive never felt the brake pull up so nicely ever? whats caused this? they seased? or sumthing? nothings dragging, still work fine, just they have soo much more bite now..

Whats going on? does it have a hissey fit fix itself and fix other problems itself also? maybe its being nice to me for once because im soo deperate for cash! HAHA or is this the start of a MAJOR headache..

Rant over..

Sorry peps
Old 13-08-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey mine did a similar thing with the brakes....

I put on a little smoke show..... only little and it seemed that the back brakes gave way like they were seized before or something and yeh they felt good for a while..... ill then mention a week later the right front caliper jammed at christies beach so I drove it home starting and stopping and ended up with a slightly rooted rotor (brand new too.... not impressed) as well as a couple other dramas....

I actually drove it on saturday though to my folks place to see them and it was fine so god knows.... im taking the calipers off and sending them in to be recoed and putting another new pair of rotors and pads on it...... I love doing things twice. I think my faults were my own stupidity though. I took her through a creek crossing that dropped suddenly and I had water up to the bottom of the doors........ that could have something to do with it

Mines coming off the road for a few months and getting the roof and tailgate fixed as well as the skippy damage and a respray and some other shit to make it look nicer...... also getting some mud tyres but im not spending a fortune on it because I got my ass into a 2001 model WJ grand cherokee V8......

Im so buying one when I can muster up the $$$
Old 14-08-2007
W.A Moderator

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe you finally remembered to take off the handbrake
Old 14-08-2007
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what handbrake.. the XJ has suck crappy rear brakes mine doesnt even work..
Old 14-08-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's doesn't surprise me, I mean, after all, it's a Jeep.

I have a few other cars, and everytime I hop into my ZJ or TJ I have to laugh, coz, honestly, they drive like crap. I got more Jeeps than any other brand, so I don't hate them.

I guess that's what makes Jeep a Jeep.
Old 14-08-2007
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Haha not wrong there. i have a porsche 928S up the drive, been there for a long time with no use, started first go after months! jeep cant do that. reversed it out the drive and it actually did. brakes worked. started to take off down the road and it did. haha. drove soo well too. not to mension having the 300Hp under your foot man o man its fun lighting up tyres under pure power.. haha
Old 14-08-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've always wanted a 928. Ever since high school days when a friend picked one up for 12grand in pale yellow, manual.... oh man the sound of that V8, I love it. Mind you 928's are also mechanical disasters when they are in a bad mood.

On the topic of Porsches, i got a 986 tucked away which is ok, it wants to be traded on a GT3 RS... wishing.....
Post New Thread  Reply