what camper trailer to go with - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Camper Trailers and Caravans
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2016
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default what camper trailer to go with

hi wondering what other members use as their camper trailer.
will be using the rubicon as the tow car.
have looked at the black series phoenix and patron both with wieght around gvm 1900kg. also looked at mars campers and ezy trailers. so many choices would ask here would love to see pics too. thanks
the trailer looking for would be great for 6 .
Old 19-06-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rocky View Post
have looked at the black series phoenix and patron both with wieght around gvm 1900kg. also looked at mars campers and ezy trailers. so many choices would ask here would love to see pics too. thanks
If you are going to use it in steep, high country type conditions, really think about weight !!! Was out with a 4 door Wrangler ( big tyres, lift etc ) towing a black series.......... he really struggled on a few quite steep uphills / wheel spin etc etc. Our Grand Cherokee with a much lighter Pioneer, just cruised up .
Old 19-06-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Go as light as possible. JKs don't like towing a great deal of weight up hills unless you can keep the revs up especially if you have a 3.8L.

I thank god I have a manual every time I tow my camper.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 19-06-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 283 Times in 208 Posts

There can only be one the TVan, for when you are really serious.

https://www.tracktrailer.com.au/tvan...Fc0GKgodb4kKjw

Quote:
Old 19-06-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 138 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy View Post
There can only be one the TVan, for when you are really serious.

https://www.tracktrailer.com.au/tvan...Fc0GKgodb4kKjw
And when you are happy to tow with 200kg plus ball weights, and have deep pockets to purchase.
Old 19-06-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 138 Times in 89 Posts

Not saying they arnt a great rig, but on the CT forum I am on, several owners have responded that the ball weights quoted on their website are nothing like real world figures. One member actually had his money refunded from them, his Murranji went 260kg plus with loaded water tanks and extra gear. Great for two people.

Anyway, the OP asked this question a year ago - I reckon he would have made his mind up by now
Old 02-12-2021
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:

Don’t overlook MDC, despite adverse comments from the anti Chinese brigade. We bought ours due to recommendation from a couple who’d borrowed their parents. They’d travelled around OZ in all winds & weathers no problems & decided to keep it despite buying a caravan. We’ve had no problems apart from batteries ( recent post).
There are better trailers but big bucks. All the best with your quest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post New Thread  Reply