KJ Fuel economy thread - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-12-2006
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

I used to get 12-13L/100Kms in the first 6000Kms and then it has gradually moved up to 14-15.5L/100 Kms (current reading at 12000Kms).
KJ 05-06 3.7L Renegade model without additions/modifications.
cheers!
Old 27-12-2006
AJOR Gold

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

First Tank in the 06 CRD - 11.5Litres/100 round town
Second tank - 10.0L/100 on the highway (sitting just over 110)

Best bit is just punting along in 6th and not noticing hills!

Very happy

Old 28-12-2006
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I can assume Laz, that you've made the right purchase?

Ours (also '06 CRD manual) is still averaging around 11 lit/100 km, but that is with the bigger tyres, lift, bullbar etc, so not unhappy. Got 24000 km on the clock now, and only 7 months old
Old 04-01-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1st 2 tanks in the CRD manual ~11l/100 with a mix of driving but mostly around town.
I agree with you Laz I love the cruise control thing just pulls up hills in 6th like they are not there.
Got to love those 400Nm
Old 07-01-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

I,ve got the V6 kj with lift and STT mudders, I have been watching the fuel light thing a lot lately , found that if I fill up when the light comes I get approx 55lts in, but, tank is 77ltrs, so with a 20lt jerry in the car I tested out just how far I could go. Fuel ligt came on at 345km on a Saturday, I drove all week filled up 74lts on the next Fiday at 462km, thats about 120km on "Empty", I'm pretty happy with that, approx 16.2 per 100km

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 09-01-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have 05 KJ LTD 31 STs 3 1/2" lift ARB bullbar V6 auto Petrol. Used to do 12.5 lt/100 stock after the mods its does about 15-18 yesterday did Melb-Syd 9 hours and 14.7 lts/100. Difference, used the high octane fuel 95 and 98, why:
I found it was a bit out on the gearing with the bigger tyres and wasn't happy holding overdrive. (Kept kicking down) on the trip down to Melb (15.7 lt/100).
The extra grunt from the 98 octane fuel helped to keep it in overdrive longer without the kickdown. I kept the revs under 2,000 where possible, soon as I put the boot in I could see the instant read out on the overhead consol go out the window as the revs went up to 4-5000.
Looks like the gearing needs to be a fraction lower with the larger tyres to improve the fuel eccon or get a few more horses out of the engine.
Not sure if a chip fix or extractors is the way to go.
Old 10-01-2007
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Interesting. I believe there is a chip for the V6 KJ - 340Nm ? Improving Torque will improve your fuel consumption, 4.10 gears would be better as it would take the ratio just under stock with the 31" tyres.
Post New Thread  Reply