Prep for big Cape trip begins - Hunty - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=humdingerslammer;1150427]OTT, I think [/QUOT

maybe hoses & belts

if the jeeps happy i am
Old 20-12-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Jax & Hunty's Road Trip

We finally got away (from Sydney that is)

and decided to head down the coast - great scenery hardly any traffic! found a great trail (power line) near Jervis bay
went to pull on the useless handbrake to signify the fact that we had arrived at our camping spot and thought whats the point it never works anyway! LoL

Popped open our roof top tent for the first time (snapped off the attached pic - even b4 opening it fully LoL)
threw up the computer, bigpond modem, digital TV, digital boost antena, the missus and dinner then climbed up and settled in for what I thought would be an excellent nights sleep friggin rained nearly all night long which was OK because the tent is well water proof! but then cam the cyclonic wind - thought it was going to blow us over LoL - it was 11deg C last night but the tent was nice and warm - Im 6'4 and had plenty of length, the missus was happy about that too LoL - all in all it was a good nights sleep!

Headed off to Narooma this morning........

Old 20-12-2010
Super Moderator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice! Wish I was there
Old 20-12-2010
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigperth View Post
Nice! Wish I was there
X2!!

Love the sound of rain on a waterproof tent....just hate trying to sleep during it, damn its loud!

Well done Hunty, enjoy your hard work!
Matt.
Old 01-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hunty hows the prep coming along
when is the SJC heading to the cape?

Im in prep now going in easter fingers crossed the rain up there pisses off but thats the adventure i guess

This will be my third time to the tip but first in the CRD jk had a disco prevoius

My done list
rear locker, rear drawer with sliding waceo 60 litre fridge
33 muds, steel rims, arb bully, air bags rear
snorkel, cargo master rack
breathers, 3 inch poly lift with nitro sport LT (still to fit shocks)
uhf
spotties if needed
belts and spare hoses
12000 tigerz winch

My to do list
ppm ball joints on there way
new bolts front end thanks jktom
cut guard away from brake line (warranty)
fit the front shocks

I pulling my custom trailer so will carry fuel and water on that.

Missing anything?
wish i could post a pic

if the jeeps happy i am

Last edited by moxon; 01-03-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 544 Times in 264 Posts

Done the cape. You wont need to carry extra fuel... there is plenty available... fill up at appropriate intervals. Perhaps a spare jerry can if you are going off the beaten track. Your vehicle will do it in standard trim. If you haven't got a winch (not necessary) at least take a snatch strap and shackles for it. Other than that you are already well prepared. Cheers.
Old 01-03-2011
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Hunty how is the prep going? Were you selling the RTT for something else?
Post New Thread  Reply