GDE Tune from Murchison, keen on feedback. - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-11-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 127 Times in 96 Posts

Thanks Tango. Is this on a WH? I didn't think Murchison sold anything bar the economy tune for it.

How's your consumption on trips?

Cheers,

Robert
Old 23-11-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

tango, did you get your tune from Stu Murchison or directly from GDE in the States ? Reason I ask is I don't recall Stu referring to the GDE tune he sells as either.

Notwithstanding it is a hot tune so to speak.

Surprised you still have some turbo lag my vehicle doesn't have any at all it's instant power...are you running a straight through muffler and a high flow air cleaner like a K&N or a Unifilter. When I got the tune I already had fitted a straight through hi flow muffler and a K&N filter, the vehicle lost what slight turbo lag it had.

When I fitted the 3"SS system it made a further difference.... instant power and plenty of it!

I'd say it the best modification I have done to...like you I do a lot of towing and you don't know the 2.5 tonne van is behind.
Old 24-11-2016

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Direct.

I don't know Stu.. I know of Dave Murchison.

I got the tune direct from the GDE website.. http://www.greendieselengineering.com/

They mail you the device to upload/down-load the tune.
Then you upload your OEM tune to the device, copy it to your computer and email your tune to them.
They then email you back you HOT or ECO tune.
Then you copy the file to the device from your email and load it to the Jeep.

The tune is locked to the VIN so it can only be used on your Jeep.

I talked with Keith at Green Diesel and he setup some settings the way I wanted them above the stock Hot or ECO tune.

I do still have my OEM muffler, but the lag is near zero and it light up all 4 285's.

I did try both tunes.
The ECO is night and day to the OEM.
The HOT is night and day to the ECO.

Last time I measured I got 9.52 km/Liter. That is running oversized tires 285, lifted, roof rack, arb bumper, and loaded down. The power band runs from 1800 rpm to 2200 rpm and in that band you get the best mileage. I found that out from talking with Keith at GDE.

I think the roof rack killed my mileage the most. I am going to take it off if I can figure out how to run my side and rear LED lights without it.

Last edited by Tango; 25-11-2016 at 02:27 AM.
Old 24-11-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Murchison Products does what you did ie copied the standard OEM emailed to GDE who emailed him their tune. I think while your roof rack and tyre size has knocked your economy around I think it would a lot worse if you didn't have the tune -
Old 24-11-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 127 Times in 96 Posts

Tango,

What settings did you request to be added to the tune?

Cheers,

Robert
Old 25-11-2016

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

tune deleted some stuff, email Keith and he'll let you know the various options.

cb makes some great custom parts.

CB is at http://cb-engineer.com/

Last edited by Tango; 25-11-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 26-06-2017
Established Member

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

HI Guys

i have also been thinking of getting the GDE/CRD STU tune , and wondered if you noticed any differences in the trans shifting or the way it shifts, as i currently find it frustratingly stupid especially on very light throttle round town even on the slightest of inclines it wants to rev its head off ie 2500-3000 before changing up or its already in a higher gear going up no worries bout 1500-1600 then the stupid thing drops back . i dont think the trans has any idea how much power the engine has. but in saying all that under normal acceleration (fast for me) it shifts fine, i have done the reset so it will self learn but no still stupid.

so after all that im guessing it would be better due to having more go.

also i heard that the engine can be a little louder due the tune dropping out an injector pulse, much difference

i have thought of the exhaust as well, i wanted it more the running side of things or for the way it will run, i just dont really dont want it any noisier.

this is the tune i was looking at http://murchisonproducts.com.au/shop...flash-tune-kit
and i haven't noticed the the 3" exhaust on Murchison's website

Thank you guys for any info

Last edited by WH3.0; 26-06-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply