Looking at a TJ - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Looking at a TJ

Hi there,

Nice forum (i've been looking around for hours now)
I am looking at getting a Wrangler. The particular one I am looking at has a 5.5" long arm system with 35's. It has a SYE, D30 in the front and D44 in the back with 4.56 ratios all with relatively low k's.

I would like to know what to look out for, particular problems that would be associated with such a lift?

Also, it is a soft top but I would prefer a hardtop. Is it a simple swap over?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben
Old 05-07-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what brand of lift is on it?.

hard top to soft top is an easy switch, jsut buy the top and bolt it on......

it sounds like the rig your looking at may have seen some off road work, just check to see that everything has been maintained properly,

all TJ have the 30/44 combo, people will tell you that the 30 is weak blah blah blah, but i know of guys who run 35's on their d30 and comp it....... there are upgrades you can get to make the front stronger, or its a fairly easy swap to go to a D44 front......

good luck with it
Old 05-07-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks mate. The kit is a rubicon express kit. I am sure it has been wheeled, but its a one owner car with 85 000km's which makes it a bit more enticing.

What sort of money would I be looking at for a hardtop (would need doors with glass windows too).
Old 05-07-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

hard tops can be exee.. looking about 1k for a hard top doors should be able to get from the wreckers if jeep is online post a link someone here might reckonise it an be able to vouch for it.
Old 05-07-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here it is

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ref=RecentItem
Old 05-07-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would look ace if you swap out those 5.5 inch springs for some 3.5s, Would fix up the drive shaft angles ( will last longer) and bring the steering geometry back into line. Won't handle like a boat either!
Old 05-07-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronsjeep View Post
Would look ace if you swap out those 5.5 inch springs for some 3.5s, Would fix up the drive shaft angles ( will last longer) and bring the steering geometry back into line. Won't handle like a boat either!
How much work would be involved there? Apart from new springs, would I have to get the drive shafts and steering modified?
Post New Thread  Reply