$1250!!!??? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default $1250!!!???

Hey guys. I recently got my 2011 jeep wrangler unlimited back from having it 40k service at our local jeep stealer ship. They called me and told me that the rear brake pads were worn and needed replacing. I gave them permission thinking surely it can't be too expensive. Anyway to cut a long story short it ended up costing $1250 all up. $650 of that was for the service and the rest for the brakes. They said the service was more expensive than usual because they replaced air cleaner and diff oil. Is this cost excessive do you think? Should I find another service provider?
Old 11-04-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts
Default $1250!!!???

Very excessive. $600 for a set of brake pads to be installed? They made from the gilded hide of a unicorn?

I would have words with them and ask for a,complete breakdown.

Also check to make sure they actually installed the new parts, greased and lubed everything they were supposed to, especially underneath.
Old 11-04-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You have been torn a "New Arse".........
Old 11-04-2013
Banned

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warod View Post
You have been torn a "New Arse".........
I think that might be Two new arses, one or the service and one for the brakes, i would be back down there demanding a break down of costs etc, that is ridiculous
Old 11-04-2013
Established Member

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

My local stealer quoted me $680 for rear pads, machine disks and flush the brake fluid. Told 'em to shove it, took it to Brakes Plus and had new pads, fluid flush and new rotors (couldn't machine the old ones) for $540. I shudder to think what Jeep would've charged for new rotors as well.
Old 11-04-2013
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default $1250!!!???

Poly4x4 charged me 180$ for rear brake pads and labour. Still steep but nothing close to a New Arse torn. Did the Front myself, 120 for Hawk pads and 26 bucks machining in a shop. You've been ripped off big time. Changing diff oil is not part of the odd brake Job.....
Old 11-04-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Wow... Thats a lot of $$$! I bought a set of cheap rear brake pads delivered for $41. Watched a 5min YouTube video on how to change them. Less then 45mins later i changed my own rear brake pads, easy as!
Post New Thread  Reply