iDatalink Maestro RR in Australia - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've decided to go a different route. So I have a MaestroRR with the CH1 Harness here in my hand (on the Gold Coast) if anyone's interested. As mentioned you do need a US headunit that has the idatalink port in the back. $150AU for both. Brand new never been used or programmed.
Old 23-08-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_au View Post
I've decided to go a different route. So I have a MaestroRR with the CH1 Harness here in my hand (on the Gold Coast) if anyone's interested. As mentioned you do need a US headunit that has the idatalink port in the back. $150AU for both. Brand new never been used or programmed.
That'd be right!
Mine goes in tomorrow to get the Kenwood DDX9018DABS 6.8" Android Auto Apple CarPlay Head Unit. Complete with reversing camera, DAB, Jeep integration etc. Just doesn't have the data capability. At least it should have a more civilized interface, but importantly it plays FLAC files, has 2 USB ports and 13-Band EQ that the Alpine system really needs. I'll let you know what my thoughts are when I get it back tomorrow.
Old 24-08-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip View Post
That'd be right!
Mine goes in tomorrow to get the Kenwood DDX9018DABS 6.8" Android Auto Apple CarPlay Head Unit. Complete with reversing camera, DAB, Jeep integration etc. Just doesn't have the data capability. At least it should have a more civilized interface, but importantly it plays FLAC files, has 2 USB ports and 13-Band EQ that the Alpine system really needs. I'll let you know what my thoughts are when I get it back tomorrow.
Thats exactly my new setup... You'll love it. Everything works perfectly. I also added the Kenwood dash cam that plugs directly into the back of the DDX9018DABS. It's awesome! Here's a link:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Kenw...cAAOSw5WVbeX4t
Old 24-08-2018
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

just picked it up this 'arvo and yes- it's freaking awesome! Loving it already. Only thing I've found is the steering volume control is a bit slow to react initially when you first push it. But listening to some of Chesky's music (flac of course, single mic recording - bloody awesome) it sounds fantastic. Lot's of tweaking of the EQ and all the other audio settings really lets me fine tune it. But probably swap out the tweeters with a set of new Focals I have doing nothing. Sound quality was the most important for me and this hasn't let me down. Plus it looks great, easy UI and is infinitely modifiable - just like my Jeep
Old 28-08-2018
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Well I swapped out the tweeters and immediately swapped them back. Awful, seems that Alpine have gone a long way to tune the system and any mucking around, without swapping out the entire system, now seems pointless. I did pull out the speakers in the sound bar and stuffed in some wadding, that definitely helped them. Was amazed at the weight of the those speakers, truly substantial units - no wonder they punch out some volume.
Old 29-08-2018

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Had a quick look at one of these in jbhifi today, looks like a damn good bit of gear.

My only question is can i have it display the torque app from my phone and play Spotify in the background without needing my phone to be unlocked showing the same thing
Old 30-08-2018
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodzkull View Post
Had a quick look at one of these in jbhifi today, looks like a damn good bit of gear.

My only question is can i have it display the torque app from my phone and play Spotify in the background without needing my phone to be unlocked showing the same thing
I can have a closer look on the weekend at mirroring and how that works and report back. Shouldn’t need the phone to be unlocked, but would have to be mirrored, whereas Spotify and Maps are preloaded into the unit to access your phone without mirroring.
Post New Thread  Reply