Grand Cherokee Laredo - Indicator issue - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Technical
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-01-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Grand Cherokee Laredo - Indicator issue

Hi everyone,

I have a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.0L Diesel that's having an issue with the left front indicators. The main indicator and the side panel one are stuck ON. They aren't blinking, just solid. Even when I take the keys out of the ignition, they stay on. Turning on the hazard lights also has no effect on them. The indicator on the bullbar is also staying on yet moving some wires behind the light assembly under the hood can get this one to turn off. Doing this does nothing to the other 2, the only way to get them to turn out is to remove the bulbs or disconnect the battery.

We have:
*replaced the bulbs
*checked the earths we can find
*tested all the fuses in the entire car
*removed all the relays we can find
***fuses & relays we've located - (2 boxes under the hood and 1 under the steering column).

and the lights still stay on.

Does anyone have any ideas what we could try next? Or is a trip to a Jeep mechanic my only option now?

Edited to add - the rear left blinks faster than normal and the right hand side is all working as normal. The indicator light on the dash also blinks faster when only the left side is selected, under hazards the dash light blinks like normal but the front left stay solid and the rear left blinks faster than the right side.

Last edited by Rach_87; 29-01-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 29-01-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I see you have a B/Bar in your profile pic, disconnect the indicator in the bar & see if that makes a difference.
Old 29-01-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
I see you have a B/Bar in your profile pic, disconnect the indicator in the bar & see if that makes a difference.
I have disconnected the left indicator/park light from the bullbar, it didn't change anything. Do you think the lightbar setup would have any effect on these lights?
Old 27-02-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you have any luck finding the source off the problem? My right hand side is doing the same thing. Took out every bulb every relay
fuse etc no luck.
Old 11-03-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

The fact the the LH rear is blinking fast indicates a bulb open circuit.

This along with the 2 front lights hard on indicate a wiring issue.

How long has it been doing it? Any work on the car around that time? Any relays changed moved?

Guess a wire(s) for the front indicators in the harness has broken/ cut/ crushed and is contacting 12V wire.
Old 05-12-2021
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my Jeep at the moment. How did you fix the issue?
Old 16-02-2022
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HI, Did you solve the problem with your indicators, as my 2010 GC Laredo 3L is doing the same thing. Noticed them on coming out from shopping. 1st time it has happened. Then when I accelerated, once on the road from the car park, the car braked, horn sounded & all the wipers are in an upright position now. Has also effected the head lights as well. Does anyone know where to start looking for answers? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Post New Thread  Reply