WK2 driving lights/light bars - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-07-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 52 Times in 26 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I've got a Lightforce 20" single row combo (spot / flood in one). Combined with the HID lights and I've got plenty of light. Does your Trailhawk have Radar/ACC? If so, there are no bars available (AFAIK), which is why I ended up with a TJM nudge bar instead, but these aren't compatible with your tow hooks. So you may have some more research to do.
Old 30-07-2018
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I second the STEDI Type-X 8.5", I have just changed over from 9" Chinese LED's and the difference is chalk and cheese.

The STEDI lights have a distinct beam down the road off into the distance with just enough spread to see that kamikaze skippy lurking in the long grass.

The Chinese ones were like what has been said in other posts, a bright spot in front of the Jeep with no real focus, The reflection back from road signs was blinding.

For $600 bucks I don't think they can be beaten.

https://youtu.be/h5mhPJSro6k

Old 31-07-2018
AJOR Gold

Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bad4u View Post
I've got a Lightforce 20" single row combo (spot / flood in one). Combined with the HID lights and I've got plenty of light. Does your Trailhawk have Radar/ACC? If so, there are no bars available (AFAIK), which is why I ended up with a TJM nudge bar instead, but these aren't compatible with your tow hooks. So you may have some more research to do.
NO Radar cruise control.

I have looked and the only full size, three hoop bullbars I can find for the MY17 onwards with air suspension and parking sensors are... ECM, ARB (as of a couple of months ago), Uneek (as of a couple of months ago) and TJM I think also had one almost ready.

The Uneek bar looks like it has a spot deliberalty made for the radar cruise control but I haven’t asked as I don’t need that.
Old 31-07-2018
AJOR Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
I second the STEDI Type-X 8.5", I have just changed over from 9" Chinese LED's and the difference is chalk and cheese.

The STEDI lights have a distinct beam down the road off into the distance with just enough spread to see that kamikaze skippy lurking in the long grass.

The Chinese ones were like what has been said in other posts, a bright spot in front of the Jeep with no real focus, The reflection back from road signs was blinding.

For $600 bucks I don't think they can be beaten.

https://youtu.be/h5mhPJSro6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5mhPJSro6k
I have heard good things about the Stedi so they are on my list.
Old 31-07-2018
AJOR Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMEMUD View Post
I have the unique bar on the WK2 and very happy with it. Had a ARB on WH and was happy with that also.
As for lights, I have steered away from LED's as I find the bright pool of light right in front of you to be hard on the eyes after a while, so have the IPF900's with one spot and one spread beam with 130w bulbs and find them pretty much as good as I want.I do plenty of night driving on country roads.
Awesome collection of jeeps an you’re Garage!
Any chance you have a picture of the Uneek bar on your WK2.
Old 31-07-2018
Established Member

Liked 40 Times in 21 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Have the ARB bar now, changed from the ECB alloy bar after a roo smacked into the side edge, wrote off the bar and still managed to do considerable other damage, still drivable though unimpressed with the result overall.
Did some research on the ARB and found a few negative comments about ARB bars generally, mainly with issues of fitting and some premature rust. Figured there must be thousands of ARB bars out there and always going to a few crap ones around (law of averages). Also heard that they are now made overseas? don't know if true or not. Looking at the others available a the time, I liked the look of the ARB the best, its a personal taste thing at the end of the day. Didn't like the side hoops of the Uneek bar and the Ironman didn't suit the Quadralift. Didn't want another alloy bar with TJM though TJM did have the steel bar with the centre hoop - in polished alloy?? Not my taste. With the Jeep headlights costing 3 to 4 grand to replace wanted better protection of them as well. The only thing I didn't like about ARB was the single 'towpoint' though plenty of people have used it for recoveries, so will live with that one.
Again personal tastes, so have fun with the choice.
Old 31-07-2018
AJOR Gold

Liked 44 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy99 View Post
Awesome collection of jeeps an you’re Garage!
Any chance you have a picture of the Uneek bar on your WK2.
Here you go.
Cant see it in pic but the ACC radar is just above the number plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WK2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	77623   Click image for larger version

Name:	WK2 2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	77624  

Last edited by GMEMUD; 31-07-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply