New Grand Cherokee diesel - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2023
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Handy info about the GC diesel engine.
https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=191

Last edited by Hoppy99; 03-04-2023 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-04-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,901 Times in 2,308 Posts

Since this thread started 9 years ago maybe a revised title should be in order as what was new is now old (WK2) ................ and I wouldn't touch a new one (WL) with a barge pole.

Interesting read all the same............

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 03-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,120 Times in 595 Posts

While on the subject...another couple of write ups about the VM Diesel worth reading that I found a couple of years ago for those interested;

https://www.dieselarmy.com/engine-te...-0l-ecodiesel/

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...b-ff0116db94ba

https://www.allpar.com/threads/2011-...rysler.229889/
Old 04-04-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
................ and I wouldn't touch a new one (WL) with a barge pole..
That television advertisement ( Australia ) promoting the NEW Jeep would have to be the most shitiest way to promote a vehicle ever
Old 05-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Can't say I have seen it, being I don't watch free to air Tele either.

Though I can see Jeep ultimately moving away from fitting transfer cases to their top line models currently aimed at the Latte set.

...the Yank tanks will be back with vengeance...Rams, Tundras, Silverados, F Series Fords etc, thats where many to be ex Jeep buyers will park their money.

There was an article I read the other day with people whinging about the American "trucks" sometimes taking up 2 car spaces at suburban shopping centres, mainly due of course to the piddly spaces provided at many shopping centres. ...calling the owners of these proper sized dual cab utes that have a decent power plant under the bonnet instead of some poxy under powered 4 cylinder diesel as selfish, grand standing, posers etc...lol.
Old 05-04-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 40 Times in 19 Posts

It has been many years now since the WK2 were released. You would think the bugs should have been ironed out by now. However, issues are still occurring. I recently met a guy with a 2011 JGC Limited and he has done close to 300000k and had none of the problems we seem to be having.
My 2012 Overland was great until it wasn't. Starting problems at first, then turning itself off just after starting issues, and one piece of wood trim coming unstuckm while under the three year warranty. Then in year 4 the leather dash coming unglued, more of the wood trim coming off, the powered tailgate needing all struts replaced. the following years more trim coming off and the leather dash top shrivelling up until I cut it all off and put a mat on the dash top, more stalling issues. Until last year when the alternator burnt out. Now issues with MAF, MAP and EGR and turbo underboost. Lucky I don't have money to buy another car therefore I don't have to consider if I would buy another Jeep.
My other car is a 2007 Mitsubishi Pajero, over 270000k and just this week it has had it's first issue - the DPF can no longer clean itself. Getting a regeneration done next week, if that doesn't work ouch.
Old 05-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

It is very much hit and miss...many thousands of WK2 Jeep owners never really have anything "go wrong".
Often the complaints I read seem to relate to an older Jeep that has been trouble free...until age eventually catches up and some things need attention.

My current Jeep has been on the road for just over 6 years, I have only owned it for 6 months...since I discovered my previous WK2 couldn't swim and it drowned.

No troubles so far...I expect to replace bits and pieces as time goes on, it is just a machine at the end of the day and stuff wears out.

Disappointing for you to have had things go wrong that really shouldn't in this day and age...like trim falling apart...but that doesn't make a car bad. I have seen some bad buckles, fading and breakages in trim on not all that old European and Jap stuff too.

In the past in my road transport days, drivers would swear and curse their truck and declare it a heap of sh1t because the mirrors vibrated or some such trivial thing too...lol