Jeep’s Big Aussie comeback plan. Will it work? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > AUSTRALIAN JEEP NEWS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

The Jeep merchandise must be extraordinarily high quality and have a price which reflects such. I was spending $40G+ in a Jeep dealership and as part of the deal I asked for a Jeep cap. Well........ they absolutely refused to give me one but they were happy to add it to the invoice..
Old 09-08-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

It's not just the fact that Jeeps have problems although perhaps they should not have as many as they do. Their reputation is an amalgam of what goes wrong, how long it takes to have it repaired plus the parts price and availability. There is another factor but this is an intangible. Namely if there is a problem then the attitude and effectiveness of the dealer and then the manufacturer when dealing with warranty claims. The owner is justifiably angry if his/her Jeep is off the road due to delays in repairs. Then the issue is all about a loan car. Later on a 'make -up and kiss' offer aka maybe like a free service or something as an acknowledgement of delays will work wonders on an aggrieved owner. Result = one very happy customer who will sing the praises of Jeep to all and sundry..

Another factor is this. Jeep, whether they like it or not, is a cult with Wrangler and to a lesser degree Grand Cherokee being instantly recognizable icons of the cult. This polarizes people and fosters a love or hate attitude in the general community. The problem for Jeep is to implement an action strategy to over come the haters...such as I have briefly touched upon.

Me.......I'm definitely in the pro cult side of the family.
Old 09-08-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSE3.9 View Post
The Jeep merchandise must be extraordinarily high quality and have a price which reflects such. I was spending $40G+ in a Jeep dealership and as part of the deal I asked for a Jeep cap. Well........ they absolutely refused to give me one but they were happy to add it to the invoice..
It’s these simple things that make a difference. I bought my GC 6 weeks ago, and the dealer was just up the road from the Jeep dealer. I rang the Jeep dealer to buy a rear cargo matt over the phone and told them what my situation was. They were happy to take it to the other dealer and put it in for me. Something simple and easy, but like I said, it’s the simple things that make a difference. I emailed FCA Australia and told them how happy I was and was thanked for the positive feedback. I also received a call from the dealer with a thank you. It may take a while, but if Jeep finally can create some positive dealer experiences for customers then this will hopefully create some good exposure for them.
Old 09-08-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

My XJ will outlast FCA, and whatever they may call themselves after Stellantis etc.

The biggest mistake they made in Oz is not sticking to two or three models like they did when Chrysler hit our shores in the mid 90s.

They will need to ditch the smaller cars and concentrate on their core competency which is selling well built cars that can go from pavement to dirt and back in the blink of an eye.
Old 10-08-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JL
Liked 21 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post

Case # 5: Re the Compass: I have not read any reviews praising this car: in fact it regularly features in about the top 20 worse cars that Americans are advised NOT to buy.

In the US, the Compass gets a different engine to the engine we get out here. The US engine is too under powered for the car. Anybody interested in the car, should use reviews from Australia and India.

The Compass Trailhawk could be my next car..............
Old 01-09-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 79 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It's not the vehicles that are giving Jeep a poor reputation, it's the dealers and the backup (or lack of) from Jeep Australia. I can't even get a reply to an email, and it's not even a complaint (yet)!!
Old 09-09-2021
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I do agree with Classic Boy, given the poor sales numbers in recent years, I believe Jeep will be phased out of our market in less than five years too.
Post New Thread  Reply