Is The JK Boring Off Road?? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Question Polls
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Do you find the JK less challenging Off Road?
Yes 25 32.47%
No 52 67.53%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-10-2007
Don't do it. I'm NUTS!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thought the rubicons had more lift as well? They look "taller" and i'm sure the 1" difference in tyre height doesn't make sure a huge difference in appearance.

Maybe it's the rock rails that give it that illusion?
Old 24-10-2007
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The TJ Rubicon available in the US had more lift. The JK doesn't. The shockies are different, though (apparently).

B.
Old 24-10-2007
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default jk

I would love to know what sort of tracks your doing. My Jk in stock form except for the 33's is far too low with a shocking ramp over angle for Vic tracks. I have now got the Arb lift and a rear locker and am going wheeling this weekend so I'll be able to answer your question more accurately then.
I had a Gu with the same set up and let me tell you I think the patrol is winning at the moment. The Jeep wins with the soft top though. Another thing, this is my first Auto fourby, and yes autos definetaly make it less challenging, you dont have to worry about when your on boost or what gear your in! But Low range 1st sucks in an auto without gears!

Regards,

Bill
Old 24-10-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2 door CRD 32" and ARB bar with the new bar I had no Contact jet. Wen't with Gold coast Jeepers to Ormeau and lift was never a problem, but even with Jk's great wheel travel diff locks would be a better option than a Lift Kit.:rolleyes:
Old 24-10-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsuzi View Post
I would love to know what sort of tracks your doing.
South Oz extreme rampover challenge ;)

Old 24-10-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsuzi View Post
I would love to know what sort of tracks your doing. My Jk in stock form except for the 33's is far too low with a shocking ramp over angle for Vic tracks.
Yeah, I've been hung up in places where a XJ with 31s has got through. The gearbox bash plate is the culprit. 2 inch lift (or higher) will fix that...

But, for the most part, with some intelligent wheel placement it isn't too bad.

B.
Old 25-10-2007
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

its all about knowing your vehicle and its limitations the jk in standard form as mine is is very capable and s@#ts all over most other 4bys in stock trim i have taken mine places that my old 100 series would not go and it had some work done to it this doesnt meen that the car is less chalenging it just means i have steped up to challenge myself more with this car the challenge is what you make it not the car the more mods you do to a car the more capable it is does this mean it is less challenging no it means you go after more of a challenge then when you have that down and money permitting you do some more mods and go challenge yourself some more
the point is dont blame the vehicle go chase something harder you will have a great time and be surprized just how good these cars are in standard trim if your still not convinced take a pajero or pathfinder for a run in standard trim and see how far they go (my wife has an 06 pathfinder so i know this for a fact)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Post New Thread  Reply