Jeep Extended Warranty - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-07-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jeep Extended Warranty

I may be new to posting on the forum but I do read all your Posts.
However I have a Question.
My 2011 KK Cherokee Sport's Manufacture Warranty runs out September 2014. Should I have bought an Extended Warranty at Purchase? I got it brand new and it now has 22000 K's on the clock, or can I buy one nearing the manufacturing warranties expiring?
I rang the stealer where I got it Today and they quoted $2680 for full 3 year any sort of claim coverage. Since then I have tried to research Extended warranties and Can anyone confirm These warranties are just Insurance companies covering the car?
Old 17-07-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Yes they are, but in speaking to the company that underwrites Jeep's extended warranty (Swann /IAG) I learnt they strictly sign up at time of purchase only. I suspect you are being offered something else, there are so many.
Old 17-07-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I got the Swann extended warranty at time of purchase for my second-hand KK, also bought it with 22 thousand Km on the clock.
Old 17-07-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks' Guys So if Swann do it at time of purchase was my quote of $2680 about right?
Old 18-07-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was quoted $2195 for an Avea 48 month extended manufactures warranty from a broker for the 2013 (MY14) WK2 I'm picking up next week, as the dealer only offered a 24 month allianz policy for nearly $3200 or something close..
Old 20-07-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well it seems my suspicions were right. The extended warranty is done by an insurance dealer and nothing to do with the Dealer, other than them taking some profit out of signing you up. I will take the extended warranty out but most insurance agents allow your car to have no more than between 50000 and 100000 k's on the clock before they exclude you from the extended warranty, The moral of the story is I no longer have an obligation to stay friendly to the dealer where I bought the car as I know now most automotive garages can do log book services and I can get an extended warranty out just before the manufactures warranty runs out for half the price. The one I am considering is 36 months 200,000klm Platinum from Avea Insurance for $1975 not the Allianz on for $2680 the dealer quoted me..

In all I thank you all for your feedback and hope we all continue to enjoy our Jeep's

Regards to all
Old 20-07-2013
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

I was going to suggest AVEA as well as I just signed up extended warranty with them for the JK.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply