WK II - Dual Battery - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-03-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I test drove a WK2 but did not look under the rear seat.
Too far to drop into a dealer.
Looking at an Optima Battery or 2 the smallest is 129mm deep.
could it lay on its side under the rear seat?

PS can the rear seat be lifted?

And I beleave the fuel tank extends doun both sides under the rear seat, so building a box under the seat would be out of the question.
Old 25-03-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDcentralcoast View Post
in the V6 there is a ton of space in the engine bay! not so much with the V8 possibly under the rear somewhere possibly for the extra battery or passenger seat?
yes the ton of space is in the front of the engine bay, however you cannot mount a dual battery in the engine bay, I took my v6 limited to arb and opposite lock in Perth and the only option was to have a portable battery system sitting in the boot connected to the main, which is under the drivers seat, there are points in the engine however should you wish to run a compressor or jump start the car.

Someone has mentioned that there maybe a large spot under the spare tyre for a spare fuel tank, i will see what I can find here.

Last edited by kfc; 25-03-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 26-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

KFC

How much room is aaround the spre tyre? in the corners.
the smal optima is w129xL228xH238
Old 28-03-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will measure it for you, I was knocking around the back today, it looks like there could be space on the opposite side of the subwoofer, perhaps space where the sub woofer is as well, the problem with the dealers here is they dont know the jeep that well so they just give you the obvious mount spots.

I also heard that there is a large space for a 2nd fuel tank in this model? I couldn't quite find where that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserthucker View Post
KFC

How much room is aaround the spre tyre? in the corners.
the smal optima is w129xL228xH238
Old 28-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I heard the same thing about the large space for the fuel tank.

seen a couple of under-body photo's but could not see any space.
But the photo's were only from one angle.

The dealers and ARB both suggest a jump pack. But they are useless for any run-time for a fridge.
Old 28-03-2011
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Could quite easily make a "jump pack" from an AGM battery and appropriate circuitry.

Hmmm - that would sort out portability needs also for having the fridge in a tent/trailer etc also.
Old 28-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I would want it out of the way.
Done that in my WG. messy and in the way.
Has to be tied down securely. Would hate to have that hit me in the head.
Post New Thread  Reply