Cherokee Owners post your PIC!! - Page 365 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-06-2020
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Old 14-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobek View Post

Oh, and does anyone know where you'd go to find black Sunraysia rims in 15x7 with the correct 71.5mm center bore? I've searched everywhere online and they're all around 80mm or so.
I got mine from Bob Jane at Aspley near the Hypermarket on Gympie rd about 2 years ago for $55 ea
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 14-06-2020
Established Member

Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
I got mine from Bob Jane at Aspley near the Hypermarket on Gympie rd about 2 years ago for $55 ea
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Dang, that's cheap! They're almost twice that price at Bob Jane now...

What offset did you go with, zero? It's actually your XJ that first made me really consider Sunraysias for mine, because they look shit hot on yours. Are you running any kind of lift?
Old 14-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

I forget the offset? I think I just ordered 15's for a XJ and the guy asked me if I had wheel arch flares ? as for lift kit? I know my Limited has the factory bull bar and tow kit may be a sagging factory 2" lift ? but the wheels are so much better than stock lowers the side wall and widens the tyre
and thanks I love the look and will be doing the same on the red 99 in the future

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 14-06-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard buttocks View Post
That green paint job is unbelievable!
Old 14-06-2020
Established Member

Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation Sobek. I hope it all starts working out for you, as things eventually do.

As for the paint. Rollers are not the way to go and you won't be happy.
A very cheap alternative is Raptor paint. Look it up. You just give your XJ a bit of a rub and this stuff sprays on like shit to a blanket. No undercoat, hardly any prep. And its cheap. You can get it in black and can spray steel, plastic, everything. Looks good too. Plenty of YouTube videos on it.

I like DeBuffel's XJ. I think the only mistake he made is on the rear part of the rear Bushwackers. You have to make sure they are kept horizontal when installing or else they kind of droop. Pic of mine below with original Bushwackers installed by me..

Good luck
Hey thanks man, I really appreciate that And thank you for all of the information! I'm surprised I didn't see that guys' video previously, I scoured around quite a bit looking at videos for Raptor liner and Monstaliner and such. That guys video was actually one of the more informative ones.

Do you think you could spray an entire XJ with just one 4 litre kit? That guy said he used 6 bottles, which is a surprise to me, maybe he went on it real thick. At $250 to $300 for a 4 Litre kit, plus the cost of an air compressor, I'd be stretching the budget as it is. Chuck in a second kit and no can do boss haha. That's why I was going to roll at least the roof and bonnet, as they're the two ugliest parts. I'm no stranger to panel prep and paint, and I've done some roller paint work on old Ford's but that was lighter colours that hide imperfections really well. Worst case, I may just need to deal with the rust and get it sealed nicely for now, and go the raptor paint path as soon as funds permit.

Man between your and DeBuffel's XJ's I'm feeling mighty jealous here haha. I love the look so much. I'm probably going to stick faaaiiirly close to stock with mine, no lift kits and such as I don't require it. This XJ was my mum's first car she ever bought entirely with her own money ($45k in 1995, madness) and I grew up in it, learned to drive in it, it was my first car. So it's a bit special despite the neglect. Just want to get it back up to scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
I forget the offset? I think I just ordered 15's for a XJ and the guy asked me if I had wheel arch flares ? as for lift kit? I know my Limited has the factory bull bar and tow kit may be a sagging factory 2" lift ? but the wheels are so much better than stock lowers the side wall and widens the tyre
and thanks I love the look and will be doing the same on the red 99 in the future

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
I think stock rim offsets are 0 so I imagine that'll be it, like you say the wheel guys will know. Yours does look a bit lifted to me but not too much, which is actually good because what I see is probably really close to what I can expect. Your picture reminded me that I badly want to get some side steps some day too, they really make these XJ's look chunky and tough. I'll keep the peepers on the marketplace and gumtree in case anyone is wrecking or selling a set

What size tyres are you running on your Sunraysias? Looks perfect!
Old 15-06-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Your right Sobek, i think it would take about 10 bottles of Raptor to do a full car with the recommended 2 coats. A bit out of budget...
These bed liner products can be rolled on. So if you were doing your roof and bonnet, i think a bed liner product would look pretty cool.

Good story on your XJ. Its part of the family!

These guys use bed liner type products on panels. Some nice examples here. You could do a few bits at a time within budget.

http://davisautosports.com/xj_build_gray_stage3_kevlar

Cheers,