What do you hate about your WJ Grand ????? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-01-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What do you hate about your WJ Grand ?????

I hate that they are fitted with the worst keyless entry system there is. I have changed batteries & everything else in the remote but you have to be sitting on the bonnet to get them to work.
What do you dislike about your car and have found a way to fix/overcome the short fall?
Old 16-01-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Strange that you're having those problems, my remote works fine. I have noticed that if I'm moving it's not very reliable but no problems from 4 or 5 metres away when I'm standing still. The thing I dislike most about my WJ is the wobbly, unstable suspension. I added a whiteline rear sway bar, it made no difference at all. I put on 4 OME nitrocharger shocks which did help but it's not perfect. And I don't think much of the infinity gold radio/amp setup, the bass is useless.
Oh and I hate it that the seat heater doesn't work on my drivers seat, when my passenger is really cosy on those cold days. And I don't know how to fix it.

WJ Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
Old 16-01-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tough question as there is a lot that I love about this model, but you're right, I've found the keyless entry to be inconsistent.

I too have changed the batteries, and I've even had an elecrtonics guy test the remote, and it appears to be fine. I just put up with it. For $100 he will fit a new keyless system. Is that good?

I really hate taking my Grand to the Dealer for services. Every time I walk in to the Service Reception Area I wait for the guy to say, "Hiya Marty. Come over here and bendover".

My warranty expires this year, then I can source other Jeep Service Centres.
Old 16-01-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 436 Times in 264 Posts

I hate the wobbly ride too, it seems pretty well incurable due to the geometry of the bloody suspension design. Having said that, the WJ is a capable handler of winding roads....you just need to take anti sea sick medication. The seat bases are woefully weak as piss and I've broken/replaced a few. And of course the WJ's hunger for warping brake rotors is legendary...no matter what I've done (including the warranty mod on calipers), by the time the front pads need replacing...the rotors are rooted too. For those with remote/central locking probs...there was a fix under warranty for that and involved replacing the receiver unit in the door. I got mine done and it works pretty well 100% from over 10m away....it was pretty useless before the mod. The biggest negative with the WJ is the Jeep stealership supporting it...I source everything I can elsewhere.
On the positive side though, it is one of the most reliable 4x4's I've had and is rattle/squeak free after 5 years use. Fuel consumption is good for the power available and it shames all the V6 wagons in both departments. I'd buy another anyday for the effortless power and comfort.
Old 16-01-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman
I hate the wobbly ride too, it seems pretty well incurable due to the geometry of the bloody suspension design. Having said that, the WJ is a capable handler of winding roads....you just need to take anti sea sick medication. The seat bases are woefully weak as piss and I've broken/replaced a few. And of course the WJ's hunger for warping brake rotors is legendary...no matter what I've done (including the warranty mod on calipers), by the time the front pads need replacing...the rotors are rooted too. For those with remote/central locking probs...there was a fix under warranty for that and involved replacing the receiver unit in the door. I got mine done and it works pretty well 100% from over 10m away....it was pretty useless before the mod. The biggest negative with the WJ is the Jeep stealership supporting it...I source everything I can elsewhere.
On the positive side though, it is one of the most reliable 4x4's I've had and is rattle/squeak free after 5 years use. Fuel consumption is good for the power available and it shames all the V6 wagons in both departments. I'd buy another anyday for the effortless power and comfort.
it also takes the doors off the 100series v8 wagons ,you should try it but make sure you see the look on their face.
Old 16-01-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 436 Times in 264 Posts

HeHe...I know Bob...it takes the doors off most things if you stand on the loudpedal. The best looks on faces are from the doof doof mobiles.
Old 16-01-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love my WJ v8!

Ok, the remote is a pain, but apart from that....

PK
Post New Thread  Reply