Sunday Wheeling - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Western Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-03-2008
Show me UR Jeep

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sunday Wheeling @ Ellenbrook (4WD Training)

I spent Sunday Wheeling with the Eureka 4WD Training group up near Ellenbrook yesterday, and have heaps of great snaps so thought I'd share them!

We all met pretty early in the morning at the Ellenbrook shops, all up there were about 12 vehicles. Driving a Jeep Grand myself, I was expecting to be surrounded by 11 other Prado's - but to my surprise and joy, another 3 Jeeps came along and the other vehicles ranged from a Softy Landrover Discovery through to heavily modified Nissan Patrols with everything (and the Kitchen sink) on the back.

The Instructor's Patrol had been converted into the ultimate self sustaining camping vehicle I had ever seen. It had two Waeco Fridges, sinks, tools, a double bed, food storage, spare parts and a mobile worksop - all built into the back of the tray. It was named "Shortcut" - and I can believe that it would go absolutely anywhere. It put the rest of us "City 4WD'ers" to shame with our shiny and scratch free vehicles

The goal of the day was to train everyone in recovery and basic 4WDing - giving confidence to use the vehicles like they are meant to be used. The trainer's from Eureka we're great - and the weather was perfect, and we all managed to get some great wheeling in through the day. I only got bogged once myself (I know, I let the Jeep team down)!

At lunch we setup a quick camp area under the shade of some trees. Being warned about the possibility of ticks, most of us pulled out our camping chairs and kept our legs off the ground as much as possible. The trainers told us some gruesome horror stories about 4WD'ing gone bad while we ate and rested before hitting the final part of the day - Recovery!

We we're taught how to safely use recovery gear, snatch and tow straps, where the rated recovery points were (or weren't in many cases) and how to dig ourselves out of any sand trap.

By the end of the day we felt like we we're all ready to take on the wild Australian bush. If anyone has ever considered doing a 4WD course, I highly recommend it and the boys from Eureka put on a great day for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1197.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24983   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24984   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1271.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24985   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1262.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	24986  

Last edited by adamjbg; 17-03-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Edited title
Old 17-03-2008
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

looks like alot of fun and it its no shame to get bogged it just means your having a go

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 17-03-2008
Renegade

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi Adam, As a fellow west aussie but ignorant of 4wd places, only been here two years. Is the area you used open to the public or was it private land? Looks like a good play ground close to home.
Cheers Andy

2012 WK2 GC Overland CRD
Old 17-03-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Andy i done that course a couple of months ago and yeah awesome day and am doing the bush course next month just coz i feel like it. Been out heaps since i done it and yeah taught me heaps. To answer your question yeah its private property, I have a feeling that Eureka either own it or lease it coz that rock hill in one of the pics they built themselves and we were the first group to tackle it.
Old 18-03-2008
Show me UR Jeep

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I asked them about the land and Eureka told me they have special permission to use that section although it is private property. The gate has a padlock and key and so your insurance would be voided if you went there without an ok.

That rock hill was awesome, a shame it had been vandalised though recently and Eureka are going to rebuild it over the next few weeks.

I'd easily do another day course witht them - either the advanced one or even a weeken trip with them. There's always a good bunch of folks who come along too.
Old 18-03-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eureka are a great bunch to learn from, I too did their 2 day course almost 2 years back & it was fantastic. I think there are some pics floating around this forum.
Old 20-03-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts

my wife and i had so much fun doing their course last year we opted to take their advanced course as well. great bunch of folks at Eureka!