JK Front bumper roundup - Page 102 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2012
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampie View Post
What is the difference between the GEN1 and the GEN3? Looking at the photos, they look almost the same thing except for the grill at the winch mount.
Few things, mainly cosmetic.

- Mesh Size Changed from full width to 2 separate pockets
- Mesh is now black only
- All Bolts are now black instead of Zinc
- Rear Leading Edge of bar is now approx 40mm shorter to allow for easier fitment without sratching grill
- hump in the middle of the bar is now shaped slightly different
- powder coat quality is improved (was already good, but newer version is more robust)
- Inside of the outter two wings have been redesigned to allow 37's to clear, early verison we'rent but could depending on tyre brand, offset, bumpstopage ect
- Airbag compatibility/ crush can area redesigned to pass Mopar requirements ex factory
- All welds are MUCH better than before as I believe they are robot welded now instead of by hand (but need clarification, either way they are FAR superior than previously)

R
Stu

PS - Milspec AEV Bar was deleted approx 6mnths + ago and is no longer available
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD

Last edited by CRDSTU; 01-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-09-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks, Stu. I didn't realise there were different GEN models on the AEV bar.
Old 01-09-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 128 Times in 63 Posts

CRDSTU said pretty much everything.

Before I knew CRDSTU is selling this bars, I asked Jeepkonection. The bars were all sold out and I would have to wait for the next container. Its $1675.00 + 98 AUD shipping to QLD. So 1,773.00 AUD. Stu 1895 AUD, but including fitting and I got it instantly, drive in drive out.

I think its a really good deal. Plus Stu is a really nice guy, who likes to help you out, not just sell stuff.

Our Offroad Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/go4x4media
Old 04-09-2012
asp_777
Visitor

Hello
Does anyone have comments on the TJM Bull bar with winch for the JK, Good or bad?
Old 04-09-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp_777 View Post
Hello
Does anyone have comments on the TJM Bull bar with winch for the JK, Good or bad?
It certainly isn't what I'd call the most elegant or flattering bar design available, but they always say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Not seen many of them in the flesh lately. I think the only person I know with one is Rob&Tanya from the SJC. It always looks cumbersome to me though. It might be the long flat top making it look bigger than it is but it always looks like it's no better than the stock plastic fantastic in terms of approach angles. I think the ARB & AEV bars (amongst others) look better but I wouldn't know which is better in terms of strength.
Old 04-09-2012
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

It's OK.

It looks much better with a few accessories attached than it does bare. There weren't many legal options when I bought, and it was a whole lot cheaper than ARBs.

Low UHF mount point may be an issue depending on your UHF antenna. Lights mounted on top means they are less protected.

The bar came in two parts - the bar, and the winch cradle part. The towing points (unrated but solid) are part of the winch cradle part. The way the cradle attaches to the chassis rail is on the 'inner' side, so when you get snatched, the load should be reasonable widely distributed across the whole edge rather than just tugging on bolts (maybe other bars have this too, I don't know).

Because I have the electronic sway bar disco, I had to follow the instructions to hack off the S bracket which holds the ESD hardware in place - the bar itself has its own bracket instead. I kept the bit I hacked off in case I ever need to weld it back on.

Fairlead cut-out (punch-out) was in the wrong place on mine (soon after they started making them in China I believe). I did not notice until well after purchase when I was adding a winch, had to elongate the cut-out (easy but hey), I would expect they have fixed that up by now, it's been a couple of years.

I didn't like it that the bolts for fixing the bar to the chassis & winch cradle are actually welded to the bar. It would have been very easy to damage the threads during installation (took three people to line it up so the bolts didn't get damaged).

These days I'd probably look seriously at the DBOR modular bar.

-Richard
Old 09-09-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

Has anyone got the Ironman bar & what do you think of it? Looks like they copied the ARB bar. I kinda like the clean square lines of these 2 bars.

David