Looking for assistance - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-11-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 95 Times in 68 Posts

Dont forget Jeepkonection in Hallam, always had great service from them and personally i think they do a better job then DBOR, just my personal opinion, and in no way suggesting DBOR don't know their stuff, quite the contrary.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

"Dr. says I need a backiotomy!"
Old 27-11-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts

Jeepkonection in Hallam has good people who know their stuff. Spent heaps of $$$ there, no issues, but have not had them actually work on my car.

Now here is a tip.. if you are near Frankston, do not be tempted to use 4X4 workshop Hartnett drive.. Got my ball joints replaced there ages ago. No worries mate, pick her up at 1pm, $600.
Car was still parked outside at 3 pm. 6:30 pm theyre still putting it together.. Oh dear it was a hard job to get them out, this will cost you an extra $200.

As a bonus they rooted the axle seals.

600 was the labour cost only, I supplied the synergy parts...

Last edited by mick666; 27-11-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 29-11-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I have managed to do all my mods myself through Youtube, forums and common sense. It saved me a lot of money to spend on more mods and tools.
Old 29-11-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Good points coming up in the thread

Elephandaki,
Unless you are much wealthier than some of us...

A. There is no way many of us could afford to enjoy massive amounts of motorsports, varying disciplines, unless we do all the work/modding/maintenance ourselves.

B. The money I've saved has gone towards a very nice home workshop full of good shit...or more parts

C. I know everything about everything on my motorised stuff. Very valuable

D. I'll only work on a very select few friend's vehicles, and never go near steering or brakes

E. One of the suppliers previously mentioned dicked me over. Spent locally on an E-locker...they argued with me that I couldn't install it myself , finally convinced them I've got it covered...I reminded them about the install kit not being for a D30...
They sent me the locker with totally incorrect bearings/install kit/shims...they will always look like amateurs to me now. Don't buy off retards...

F. For the last 4 times a professional mechanic establishment has worked on our stuff they +%*@ed it up. Maybe just unlucky, but our experience. I'm tempted to list them.

G. Many times I've bitched and moaned to myself while working on my stuff. Often i hate it, but it's what you have to do if you want more but not loaded.

H. Spending time working on your stuff is 100x better time spent than facebooking/watching tv/ bludging on the couch. If the time spent working on your stuff, does not deduct from time making an income, then it is money saved

I. If you have access to much disposable money, easily enough to pay someone else to mod your Jeep until your heart's content >>>> Ignore A - H above. You lucky bugger.
You can afford to try a few workshops until you find one you are hapoy with. Jealous i am
Old 29-11-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts

Not everyone has a house with a garage/drive way. I for one would love to work on my Jeep, but I live in the CBD and my car resides among 80 others in a shared undercover car park. I can't even completely open my tail gate when the car is parked, let alone do any sort of major modification.
Old 30-11-2017
No Winching

Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

I've seen some horrendous work by amateur "experts" and by "professional" mechanics alike. The reasons differ, the amateur "experts" versions are mostly based on lack of experience / expertise / money, whilst the "professionals" issues more frequently caused by "get it done quickly / cheaply / out the door / PITA customer". There are of course many exceptions and stories behind the stories that sometimes explain ( but don't excuse ) what happened. Getting someone else to modify your Jeep requires trust and that takes time and experience to build up IMHO.

The saying "You can have GOOD, FAST, CHEAP........ pick ANY TWO" seems to be relevant.
Old 30-11-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

In my ideal world, I'd have heaps of play money, find a great Jeep/fab workshop crew and be pumped to pay them to do it all.

A couple of the builders I've worked for say they get a big kick out of supporting tradies and their families, even when the project wasn't a winner for them.

I'd love to do the same for people working on my stuff.