Alarm Siren Problem. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 76 Times in 51 Posts
Default Alarm Siren Problem.

Hi Lads.
Sorry about another ask for help. What with my Alternator issue, i seem to be asking more than giving at the moment.

Anyway.
My alarm siren has been sounding. Went out to the jeep and no amount of unlocking and locking would turn it off. Got inside and put the fobik in the ignition. The jeep started and ran fine with the siren still going off. I could drive it with the siren going off.

No message on the evac display.

Did the whole locking and unlocking and starting the engine a few times and eventually the siren turned off.

It did the same about an hour later.

Not had chance to see if any stored codes.

Anyone any ideas please?

Also, anyone know where the siren is incase i have to disconnect it?

Many thanks Lads.
Old 06-03-2022
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Does the UK version just use the car horn?

Ive heard that disconnecting the battery for 15-20 mins can reset the alarm.
Also, do you have panic buttons on your fobs? Ive heard that low battery in the fob can set it off. If you do have the panic buttons, your not accidentally pressing them while in your pocket or something?
Also, the rear flipper glass might be ajar or the sensor in the tailgate, flipper glass my be faulty.

Hope you sort it Brit.... that must be getting annoying.

Cheers,
Old 07-03-2022
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
Does the UK version just use the car horn?

Ive heard that disconnecting the battery for 15-20 mins can reset the alarm.
Also, do you have panic buttons on your fobs? Ive heard that low battery in the fob can set it off. If you do have the panic buttons, your not accidentally pressing them while in your pocket or something?
Also, the rear flipper glass might be ajar or the sensor in the tailgate, flipper glass my be faulty.

Hope you sort it Brit.... that must be getting annoying.

Cheers,
Hi Alex.
Does the Aussie WH use the car horn? I ask, as i assume our WH versions that were built in Austria are the same.

It is a weird one is this. I have never heard this ear splitting siren before in the 6.5 years i have owned it. No aftermarket alarm on it to my knowledge.

No panic button on the fobik. Just open, lock and the rear flipper glass.

I am assuming if something was ajar it would show on the evic display. I checked everything and all seems ok.

It is annoying. It has not done it since i posted. If it goes off during the night the neighbours will love me.
Old 07-03-2022
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Brit, our WH's use the car horn, but i read that Euro models might have a separate screecher.
Should be able to just disconnect the horn if it keeps playing up.
That could give you time to check codes, earths, batteries etc.

Good luck with it, and post up if you find anything.

Cheers,
Old 07-03-2022
Established Member

Hi Lads.
A brief update.

Did not lock the Jeep yesterday as i was concerned the alarm was going to go off. Sat on drive overnight unlocked too. It was safe so no worries.

Went out this morning, put fob into ignition and i noticed my seat did not move forward. Put ignition on and instrument cluster lights flickered along with a chattering noise. All sorts of odd messages in evic. Service 4wd and transmission over temp flickering on and off. Jeep would not turn over.

Obviously battery is dead. I am not sure if leaving it unlocked for so long leaves modules running that would have drained the battery. I have no electrical tester.

Having given it some more thought you make good points about the alarm. When i was at work i would sometimes crack a window to allow the interior to breath a little. If it was windy the alarm would sometimes go off. Interior sensor i presume. And you are correct it was the horn that sounded. God only knows where this siren has come from.

I have put the smart charger on the battery and will leave it. Hopefully it will be as simple as a weak battery and not some hidden electrical problem. Battery tested as good though when i had the recent alternator failure.

Watch this space and thank you for the help.
Old 08-03-2022
LokRinger

Liked 1,769 Times in 560 Posts

Computer goes into sleep mode pretty quickly as see it do it all the time. Thought it was after 8 minutes f no activity from memory that I read.
So wont be that. Maybe an extra drain somewhere or the battery was already on the way out.
Any time a standard lead acid battery gets below 10.5 volts, it will never reach full capacity again. Permanent damaged has occurred to the plates

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 08-03-2022
Established Member

Hi Marcus.
Had it on the smart charger for 12 hours. It reached number 4 on the charging scale which means battery is ready to use. Jeep started fine and most things seem ok. It drives fine.

I say most things as now my Radio is completely dead. Worked perfectly before the battery issue.

Anyone any ideas why my Radio would be dead? Anyone have a fuse diagram for a 2008, facelifted WH?

I have a service manual. Only thing i can find is in the internal fuse box. Cavity 1, 30 amp green, Audio Amp (B+). In plain english does that mean radio fuse?

Last edited by Brit30-06; 08-03-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply