What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1017 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-01-2014
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default What have you done to your JK this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widzy View Post
Installed the rear tub from SBR offroad today, sits in neat and solid. Compressor gets hard wired in tomorrow with external air outlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks to be a very neat job. What happened to your muffler though? Did you re route it or replace with a straight back AFe or something like that?
Old 17-01-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRubicon View Post
Looks to be a very neat job. What happened to your muffler though? Did you re route it or replace with a straight back AFe or something like that?
Cheers mate, It already had an aftermarket muffler on it from the previous owner but I had to give that the chop too as it was still in the way of the tub. Got to get some quotes next week from exhaust shops on a custom tail piece to run up the left beside the tub. It's a CRD so no muffler needed.

Old 18-01-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

Geez my misses would string me up cutting into the Jeep to add a tub like that in

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.
Old 18-01-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdognz View Post
Geez my misses would string me up cutting into the Jeep to add a tub like that in

Change your misses mate.
Old 19-01-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Today's job is to finish the change from wire rope to Dyneema. Naturally it had to be color co-ordinated but the job was made a little easier by my last Jeep dealer who replaced the front bar due to small rust spots.
All the bolts holding the winch were loose!!!!!!
The only problem is that the little grub screw which held the end of the wire rope onto the winch is too short for the end of the Dyneema, so have to find a weird little grub screw somewhere to secure the end of the new rope.
If anyone in Adelaide wants near new wire rope, it's available for $20.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winch.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	66266  
Old 19-01-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Job done.
If you ever need to know what the grub screw is on a Warn winch is is 1/4" UNC.
Wire rope and firlead which came off weighed 14kg. Dyneema and fairlead weighed 1.5kg.
I've also removed the front skid plate which was fitted when I bought it and try running without it to see if the engine temps drop at all. Its a CRD and I've been following the posts on here, and watch my temps which to me, are a little high at 95-105 in normal 100kph driving on 35C days with A/C on.
I'm also going to get it "honeycombed" with a series of 2" holes it it to let air flow under the Jeep better, and lighten it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winch 2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	66270  
Old 19-01-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widzy View Post
Installed the rear tub from SBR offroad today, sits in neat and solid. Compressor gets hard wired in tomorrow with external air outlet

What did the tub set you back?
Post New Thread  Reply