WH Grand owners post your pic's. - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-12-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

cherren, if the ladies had short skirts I'd get rid of the sidesteps in a flash so they would have to stretch further to get in!!! I probably wouldn't have them except it was part of the deal with my WH, I got mine when Jeep had the Navigator deal going. One good thing about it is it stops stone chips along the side of the car. I was talking to a guy in the Pilbara during my recent trip and even though his vehicle had front mud flaps a few stones had got under the radar and had chipped the side of his vehicle.

I have had nothing but trouble with Cooper tyres, punctures, tread chipping and even a tread parting from the tyre. I gave them another go this year, brand new on my WH, wouldn't have done anymore than 600k on gravel and a puncture with that particular tyre suffering bad tread chipping yet the others were fine. Cooper wouldn't replace, the best they would do was sell me another ATR at half price. Cooper tyres do not have a good reputation in the west. Bridgestone is the favoured tyre over there. I spoke with a guy during my recent trip that had punctured 2 at once along the Gibb River in fact every guy I spoke with who had Coopers had some story to tell. Mainly punctures and very dissappointed because of the claim that the tyres are suppose to be very resistant to punctures. Newman tyres showed me many destroyed Cooper STs, ST-Cs STTs and ATRs. The owner of the business told me they do not handle the heat or the iron country. All the mines use nothing but Bridgestone and that is all he sells to the public as well. Cooper say to air down the locals over there say that's crap and that you should air up hard so that the rocks deflect and not get grabbed and held by a deflated tyre. I have told Cooper tyres about this and I notice in the latest 4x4 Aust mag at page 99-102 Cooper Aust did some tests joined by a head guy from USA and ran one of the vehicles with over-inflated tyres cold 50psi, no problems; a shame they didn't do the testing in the Pilbara or along Gibb River!! On paper they sound good and I like the tread but I have like many people been very disappointed. The STs are not 10 ply as claimed if you have a look on the sidewall it states 2ply steel and 2 ply ployester, sidewall 2 ply polyester. I have a spare ST case for my off road camper and if you can get hold of one have a feel where the tread meets the sidewall it is thin as. This is where most of the damage is being caused by sharp sticks and stones they penetrate straight through there. I have challenged Cooper about their claim and the response was that the reinforcing thread is twice as thick as their competitors so they multiply everything by 2. And it's actually the tread that's allegedly 10ply NOT the sidewall. If you get a chance go to the OzExplorer site, go to their forum and enter the cooper tyre forum, they are the most complained about tyre.

So with the issues I have had with them when you have to spend $420 over in the west to replace a destroyed tyre (so that you still have 2 spares) that has cost you $300 in the first place and only lasted 600k on gravel, I'm looking elsewhere. They are suppose to be the tyre that you trust, afraid I don't trust them anymore. I want something I can trust when I'm in the middle of nowhere!!!

Last edited by roscoea26; 15-12-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 19-01-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not an action shot but the WH after the lift has been installed.

JTO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 404.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	23944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 405.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	23945  
Old 19-01-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a pose shot of the WH all polished and shiny! Rides a lot stiffer which I like rather than the spongy feel previousy.

Hemi - The powdercoating of the bar has crossed my mind and would look cool.

JTO
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pose shot of the Grand.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	23946  
Old 20-01-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did a spur of the moment run to Landcruiser Park today to do some settling in tests and see how it went from the last time I was there. Did not scrape once in all the places it did before and just needed some fine adjustments through the day to finish it off. The extra height paid off in some of the creek crossings as well.

Could not be happier with the results for the price. Some will say that spending the $1500 to $2000 for the full 2" spring/shock combo is better but for a budget boots its right on the mark.

JTO
Old 24-01-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Latest edition to the Grand bits and pieces. Added some RUBICON decals to the front fenders. Not sure if I should have followed the bonnet line or the wheel arch line. Looks ok from one angle and looks sh*t form another?

Hemi's are more proportional due to the size and mine are somewhat smaller.

I like it though and will probably cause some greif from the REAL RUBICON owners!

JTO
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	103_0285.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	24010   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0286.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24011  
Old 29-01-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is a better pic to show how proportional they are to the bodywork.

Would also look good on yours bikemat!

JTO
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WH Rubicon.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	24081  
Old 12-02-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My Jeeps...

Finally got around to takin pics of the 2 together.......
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BabenInky2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	69261   Click image for larger version

Name:	BabenInky3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	69262   Click image for larger version

Name:	BabenInky4.jpg
Views:	75