What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1542 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-11-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default JK storage tidy up

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171121_172950.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	76699

Name:	20171121_173000.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	76700

Name:	20171121_173020.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	76701

Name:	20171121_173302.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	76702Well finally got round to making my draws for the back of the JK .
Have removable panels both sides for under storage , and have access to the rear section from fold down rear seat (keep shovel and chairs in that section atm).
Got to make up the fridge slide yet , that's next weeks project

Of course the missus though I made them for the shopping

Last edited by hpcoolahan; 21-11-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 21-11-2017
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
Attachment 76699

Attachment 76700

Attachment 76701

Attachment 76702Well finally got round to making my draws for the back of the JK .
Have removable panels both sides for under storage , and have access to the rear section from fold down rear seat (keep shovel and chairs in that section atm).
Got to make up the fridge slide yet , that's next weeks project

Of course the missus though I made them for the shopping
nice job, have a think about building a tilting fridge slide. I have one (bought it) and it is so much easier to access and use the fridge it's one of the best things I've invested in.
Old 22-11-2017
I just registered

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Here are some images of my setup. Running a battery box from on top of the wheel well. I figured i can't use that area for storage (things roll straight off it) so i mounted a bracket to sit a battery on. It is bolted into the car frame at the wheel well and the battery is strapped down with a ratchet strap. Under the bracket there is also a storage hole where i keep ratchet straps and battery cords etc... I have had it in for about 6 months now and used it highway driving and off roading and it doesn't move or come loose at all. Works very well when camping, just have to have the door open to run cords into it, or if need be, the door can still be shut. Also the box tucks away nicely so that the back seats can fit in and out of the car still (floor can't be in at the same time as back seats) and it is out of the passengers way.
You will also notice the false floor that i made and installed. I did that so i can mount a fridge into the car and not have to drill into the car itself to mount it down. The floor also works very well and i bolt it into the back passenger seat mounts and as a secondary mount i use the small clips next to the door. It is high enough that i can store maxtracks, camping chairs and a fold up table underneath it and i don't need to tie them down as the floor holds them in place.
The cargo barrier is another great addition and allows me to stack things up all the way to the roof without fear of it flying forwards into the driving area.
Also installed a UHF. Using an A-pillar light mount to mount the aerial and the space between the seat and middle console to hold the unit itself, with velcro on the console and middle console, holding it there for extra support. I have had this setup for 6 months now and everything works incredibly well. I am incredibly pleased with the set up and its functionality when i have gone off roading, camping and on long road trips. Nothing has broken, come loose or fallen over. I believe it is incredibly safe and very space efficient
Old 25-11-2017
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Here's the new Trektop Glide, getting a bit of heat soak to settle into place & get the kinks out of the windows.

Also a new set of tyres today. went back down to 265/70R17 on the OEM wheels, (from 285/70), as I just don't get off road enough to need MT any more or the extra 5-15mm of clearance... Went from the Maxxis Bighorn 762's to Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. MT to AT. Quieter & we'll see how grippy they are in the wet soon enough, I imagine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqlACcd8dXuZ5J6y1

It was a much smoother trip home. I swapped 2 of the wheels that were on with 2 spare from the shed. (The other 3 from that set are on the trailer.) The ones that came off were slightly bent, so I had this vibration that no amount of balancing would ever get rid of!
Old 26-11-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Come up good. It even looks really tight the way it is sitting at the rear.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 27-11-2017
SwampDigger

For the past few years, (according the the first thread I started, back in early 2014!), I've had an issue where, if I don't slow right down while filling the tank around 10L before full, it will overflow & puke down the side. After much hunting around, I found some threads referring to this on the US forums & found the part they were talking about. Cost me $90 all up with shipping from the US, and we'll see how it goes soon enough. Also doesn't explain why it only started 3 1/2 years after I got the car...

It rplaces the metal pipe that runs from the left side to the right, with one with a flapper valve to stop the splashback when the tank nears full.

Old and new pipes

Original straight through pipe

New pipe with valve

Took maybe 15 minutes to install all up. Easy access!

Hah! Found my old thread(s) about it! I'll throw this in there as well...
2014 & updated 2015 thread.

Last edited by Banshee; 27-11-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 29-11-2017
SwampDigger

Got some boxes this afternoon!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AE5M50ItLpKfbo7e2

First thing to go in were the new door hinge bushings. Also in attendedce are the full exhaust and mirror movers. Fist things first, I'm going to be looking at getting the headers ceramic coated before installation.