HELP P0031,P0051,P0136 and P1499 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-08-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default HELP P0031,P0051,P0136 and P1499

Hi everyone like the title says my 04 v8 GC threw 4 codes at once and also blew the o2 sensor 15A fuse, so i disconnected the battery replaced the fuse and everything was good for a few weeks. Now it has started to happen more often, I find it happens when i accelerate quickly ( not revving the life out of it). Three months ago i replaced all 8 fuel injectors and installed a snorkel 7 weeks ago, this problem started 1 week after the snorkel install. Has anyone in Jeep land had or heard of this problem? I belive this is a electrical problem (and not a sensor problem) because it throws 4 codes at the same time.
Wardy
Old 24-08-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HELP P0031,P0051,P0136 and P1499

The first 3 are 02 sensor issues the last one is the hydraulic fan issue
Old 26-08-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Have you checked the harness ? I do not have a wiring diagram for this MY but sounds like there is a common harness that controls both the fan solenoid and also the 02S that might be broken or damaged in some sort of way.
Old 26-08-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

other reasons that 02 Sensor codes through is the fuel you are putting into the rig. what fuel are you putting into your tanks, as under heavy load / revving out may cause your fuel mix to throw the codes,

seems a little weird that it's all happened after your snorkle instalation? maybe your MAF sensor is a bit dodge after the installation, was there MAF friendly silicon used?

otherwise sounds like it's could be a problem
Old 26-08-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts

Hi Wardy,
I have the FSM that has the wiring diagrams in it that I could upload via drop box or something similar. It's 67Mb so a little large to email, although i can if you like.

Which O2 sensors did you use? I've heard of some that are a little "slow" in warming up and is it possible this is another side effect?

Stupid question but is the airflow from the snorkel being impeded in any way? There's nothing stuck inside it by chance?

P1499 is the Hydraulic fan solenoid switch circuit being "open", it maybe a coincidence that it's showing at the same time. If the problem is electrical it may be the trigger for it happening. You haven't knicked any of the wiring whilst drilling and cutting for the snorkel?

How's that Flatland bar coming along? Any pics yet? Let me know when you want to have a chat about the ARB bar.

Cheers
Tim
Old 26-08-2013
Established Member

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Hi guys and thanks for the replies. I will start with Timbo
Quote:
Which O2 sensors did you use? I've heard of some that are a little "slow" in warming up and is it possible this is another side effect?
I have not changed any o2 sensors yet but i did replace the Maf and Iac sensors, the fuel module, fuel filter and injectors at the same time.
Quote:
P1499 is the Hydraulic fan solenoid switch circuit being "open", it maybe a coincidence that it's showing at the same time. If the problem is electrical it may be the trigger for it happening. You haven't knicked any of the wiring whilst drilling and cutting for the snorkel?

How's that Flatland bar coming along? Any pics yet? Let me know when you want to have a chat about the ARB bar.
I am thinking i may have knicked a wire during the snorkel install. In regards to the flatland bar i'm waiting to get a call from the laser cutters to say when the parts will be cut, i am hoping some time this week. If you could send me the FSM that wolud be wicked, thanks.

Abraxix and Mek67j
Quote:
other reasons that 02 Sensor codes through is the fuel you are putting into the rig. what fuel are you putting into your tanks, as under heavy load / revving out may cause your fuel mix to throw the codes,

seems a little weird that it's all happened after your snorkle instalation? maybe your MAF sensor is a bit dodge after the installation, was there MAF friendly silicon used?
I am mainly using 91RON and sometimes use 95RON which is what i have used for the last 4 1/2 years. Sealant used was RTV blue sensor safe, so i will be checking the harness during the september school holidays.
My next question is it ok to drive while i have this problem? When the engine light comes on i replace the fuse and at the end of the day disconnect the negative terminal from the battery to clear the codes.
thanks guys
wardy
Old 27-08-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

interesting i'd be keen to know what kind of sensors you run with then as most of the people i'm aware of have all said thier rigs throw codes using the 91% fuel, and only ever put in 95%.

me personally for an extra $10 a tank (at most) i use the 98% and get an added close on 70-80 k's to a tank of fuel!! -- winning though there is something wrong with our Jeepo apparrently as we get outrageous fuel economy compaire to others who have the V8's

we average around town around the 12L/100 and on the highway he get down to around 9.5L/100k's it's really nice hahahaha!!!!!

but i'd reccommend putting a few good tanks of fuel in at least with new sensors in case it's could be sensor related and you have ones that are impervous to the 91% fuel i'm sure a few ppl would be interested in that. hahahaha

but sounds like the snorkle silicon was good i've used that previously on my Suzi and never thrown MAF codes or upset my sensors there.. sooo i'd say it sounds like you have a problem!

re: if it's bad to drive like that, personally as i said i've been driving with the sensor error codes now for almsot a year and a half without clearing them, so i'd say it is fine. unless you do genuinly have an engine problem you won't know cuz your check engine light will already be on

Last edited by Abraxix; 27-08-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Speeling ;)
Post New Thread  Reply