2004 WJ Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Expert Tips
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-07-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2004 WJ Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD

Hi
New to This site & Hoping Theres a Jeep Guru On Here That Doesnt mind Sharing some Info .. Have a 2004 Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD Had fuel Issues lack of power & Constantly starving for Fuel till the point she no start Anymore .. its a Mates Car & was Quoted $6000 To repair Replaced High Pressure Pump & fuel Lines as were all Perished New filter & Return Valve Removed vacuum Pump Stripped & cleaned new seals checked valve ok & Just to be on The safe side added aftermarket 1-2psi Helper pump on Incoming Line before filter Bled System Still No Joy
Have read Plenty on Troublesome 5 cyl Engines & given Credit Most engines will preform alloted some TLC on a regular Basis .. Plugged in scanner No Fault Codes present checked all Perameters Looks good
Checked ECU Houston We Have a Problem !! Is there anywhere in Australia That can Check ECU without costing The Farm & if anyone has suffered same welcome feedback
Old 27-07-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Go into the WJ forums or go - under search -WJ 2.7 CRD won't start_ at top of page RHS -heaps of info.
In the past I've had a leaking hi pressure pump , one failed injector , one cracked steel fuel line from injector to common rail plus a leaking o ring on the fuel line - all these events have stopped engine from starting .
How many KILOMETERS has the engine done ? as generally if they make it to 200,000 the main pressure pump requires resealing and some (or all ) injectors require replacement at $560 each new . Hi pressure pumps are around $700 to get resealed with new main shaft at a Bosch dealers Diesel service.
There is an injector test using tubes fitted from the injector return lines draining into calibrated plastic bottles - at idle the bottles with 100% more fuel in than the rest indicate stuffed injectors - as your engine is not running- it would be very hard to test.
There is a lot of info in the forums about injector removal and some tooling available on ebay to assist ,but number 4 & 5 injectors cannot accessed without lowering engine and transmission , or do what we all do - cut a hole under the windscreen cover.
If you can get the injectors out ,the Bosch Service Centre can clean and adjust for around $100 each and tell you which ones need replacing.
Have a good read up on the WJ forum on this site , as most owners of WJ 2.7 have the same engine problems sooner or later .
I don't know where you live ,but in Qld a WJ 2.7 is worth about $4000- to $8000 in good nick going and registered , so be careful not to over capitalise on repairs that are worth more than the car
Old 27-07-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Getting back to the ECU - if you look up the ZJ WJ WG forum today Snowy Jeep was an article -Jeep Grand Cherokee not revving - have a read - he got on to ECU Doctor in UK via the net and sent him the failed ECU from his 2.7 WJ -costing $250 approx to repair ,a quarter of the price of cost to repair in Australia . If you need a complete engine wiring harness in excellent used condition -let me know.
Post New Thread  Reply