How tuff are Aussie blokes? - Page 1003 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-08-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,073 Times in 4,009 Posts

For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.

In good company? Results of a competition to find dumb things in company correspondence.

1. "As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks." (This was the winning quote from Fred Dales at Microsoft Corp in Redmond, WA.)

2. "What I need is a list of specific unknown problems we will encounter." (Lykes Lines Shipping.)

3. "E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business." (Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

4. "This project is so important, we can't let things that are more important interfere with it." (Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

5. "Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule. No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them." (R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.-This one should have won first place.)

6. "My Boss spent the entire weekend retyping a 25-page proposal that only needed corrections. She claims the disk I gave her was damaged and she couldn't edit it. The disk I gave her was write-protected." (CIO of Dell Computers)

7. Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say."(Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

8. "We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)

9. We recently received a memo from senior management saying: "This is to inform you that a memo will be issued today regarding the subject mentioned above." (Microsoft, Legal Affairs Division)

10. One day my Boss asked me to submit a status report to him concerning a project I was working on. I asked him if tomorrow would be soon enough. He said, "If I wanted it tomorrow, I would have waited until tomorrow to ask for it!" (New business manager, Hallmark Greeting Cards.)

My seven-year-old son informed us that part of his tooth had come out. We checked and, sure enough, a piece had broken off.

Trying to lighten the moment, I asked my husband, "What do you suppose the tooth fairy gives for half a tooth?"

"Nothing," he replied, "She wants the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth."

But why?

Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

Why is a boxing ring square?

Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?

Why is it that to stop Windows, you must click on "Start"?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavour, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why is the word dictionary in the dictionary?
Old 1 Week Ago
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,073 Times in 4,009 Posts

>
>
> * * Law of Mechanical Repair
>
>
>
> - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch
>
> and you'll have to pee.
>
>
>
> ** Law of Gravity
>
>
>
> Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible
>
> place in the universe.
>
>
>
> ** Law of Probability
>
>
>
> The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity
>
> of your act.
>
>
>
> ** Law of Random Numbers
>
>
>
> - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal; someone always
>
> answers.
>
>
>
> ** Variation Law
>
>
>
> If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always
>
> move faster than the one you are in now.
>
>
>
> ** Law of the Bath
>
>
>
> When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone will ring.
>
>
>
> ** Law of Close Encounters
>
>
>
> The probability of meeting someone you know INCREASES dramatically when you
>
> are with someone you don't want to be seen with.
>
>
>
> ** Law of the Result
>
>
>
> When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, IT WILL!!!
>
>
>
> ** Law of Biomechanics
>
>
>
> The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
>
>
>
> ** Law of the Theatres & Sports Arenas

> At any event, the people whose
>
> seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last. They are the ones who
>
> will leave their seats several times to go for food, beer, or the toilet and
>
> who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over. The
>
> folks in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs
>
> or big bellies and stay to the bitter end of the performance. The aisle
>
> people also are very surly folk.
>
>
>
> ** The Coffee Law
>
>
>
> - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to
>
> do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
>
>
>
> ** Murphy's Law of Lockers
>
>
>
> - If there are only 2 people in a locker room, they will have adjacent
>
> lockers.
>
>
>
> ** Law of Physical Surfaces
>
>
>
> The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor
>
> are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.
>
>
>
> ** Law of Logical Argument
>
>
>
> Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.
>
>
>
> ** Law of Physical Appearance
>
>
>
> If the clothes fit, they're ugly.