After getting annoyed at the never gripping hand brake
Even after cleaning and adjustment I've replaced the shoes.
Can see after 145kms & 10 years the linings were kerfumfed anyway
(old left, new right)
Disassembly was easy enough (yep famous last words)
So let me say right now, whoever invented these needs a pineapple ...
Usually I'd re-assemble the top half, connect all the springs, and then use gravity and a big shifter to position the bottom shoes in place.
But not with these daft fulcrum thingos falling out everytime I breathed.
In the end I had to remove the console and handbrake lever to jam a screwdriver into the large spring.
This allowed enough freeplay in the cable so my fingers could position the top pads securely in place,
whilst keeping these stupid fulcrums in the correct position.
Only then could I enjoy a few beers watching an argument between my vice grips and the springs.
Whilst under there I also noticed the right hand cable had rubbed through on diff.
Might be something we all need to check