Bad service at Redcliffe Jeep dealership - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > Resolution Center & Negative feedback
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Old 22-10-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Bad service at Redcliffe Jeep dealership

Just thought i would post it up on here as im pretty disappointed in the way that i was treated when i went there today to pick some transmission fluid up. I was on the phone to them in the morning and was asking whether or not they would be able to supply me with some atf fluid. they said they couldn't due to the service centre being closed but then went to tell me that he found some bottles that i could have. he said he would ask his GM first to see if he could sell it and he would call me back. I then waited an hour for a call in return bit it didn't come. i called back and asked what was going on and he told me that he was too busy to ask and that he would ask and get back to me so i left him to it again and waited. another hour went by and still no answer. I then called him again and he said he was just working out a price and we both organised that i could come in and grab them so i headed over there. when I got there I then asked for him and was lead to home where he said he would only be 5 Min and asked if i could wait. i waited for about 30 mins when I asked of he was able to look after me and i was told that he was with a client and too busy at the moment and was told to continue to wait. the other salesman also said that he hadn't even bothered to ask the GM yet. I then waited another 15 mins and at this point i was pretty annoyed by now and asked if he could help me yet and the guy said he was still too busy. i then asked if the other salesman could help me knowing what i was after and and he said that the GM was also with a client and he didn't know what i was after. i then told them that i was sick of waiting and left.

I have my car booked in there for early next month but i will now be calling Monday and cancelling and going somewhere else. It was really bad service and im pretty disgusted in the way the situation was handled.
Old 22-10-2011
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The reality is they shouldn't have tried to help you in the first place.
By trying to do the righty, they ended up stuffing you around even more.

I've picked up ATF from the dealers on Saturdays heaps of times, but always talk to the guys in the service center while they are there (ie Friday), pay for it over the phone and have it left at recption. Then pick it up before the receptionist leaves (1-00PM).
Old 22-10-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Clearly they should have told me they couldn't do it and left it at that.
Old 22-10-2011
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Agreed.
You'd probably get the same level of incompetence if one of the guys from the service centre was trying to sell you a new Jeep.
Old 07-10-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I can also state that the service at Redcliffe is horrible. My wife recently went in to discuss with the manager why our recently purchased Cherokee KJ Diesel did not have the N46 recall done. Their answer was that we probably removed the strengthening bar and sold it for cash. My wife then pulled out a receipt that showed the car was only purchased days ago. Called Chrysler customer service who quickly sorted things out for us.

Albion Chrysler however is even worse. They will perform the 100k service, stamp the service book that it was done. Only to find out later that the timing belt was not done. When I asked Albion why they stamped the book, they stated they inspected it and it was fine.

I love my second-hand Cherokee, but no way I would buy a new one.

Hope something will be done to improve customer satisfaction.
Old 23-10-2015
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ75 View Post
I can also state that the service at Redcliffe is horrible. My wife recently went in to discuss with the manager why our recently purchased Cherokee KJ Diesel did not have the N46 recall done. Their answer was that we probably removed the strengthening bar and sold it for cash. My wife then pulled out a receipt that showed the car was only purchased days ago. Called Chrysler customer service who quickly sorted things out for us.

Albion Chrysler however is even worse. They will perform the 100k service, stamp the service book that it was done. Only to find out later that the timing belt was not done. When I asked Albion why they stamped the book, they stated they inspected it and it was fine.

I love my second-hand Cherokee, but no way I would buy a new one.

Hope something will be done to improve customer satisfaction.
You didn't notice that the lack of a minimum $700 timing belt change on your invoice ?
Old 24-10-2015
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

please remember before posting negitive feedback it is your responsibility to try and resolve everything with the other party first,

if it cant be resolved then by all means post your feed back.

Help support the future of the forum