mahindra jeeps - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-01-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default mahindra jeeps

Gidday All,

Still fairly new to the forum- so I'm treading a bit lightly,

I have a mahindra 1991 CJ340 in about a thousand bits spread throughout my shed and verandah.
I have been interested in different jeeps for years- used to have a DJ5 which spent a lot of time as a hunting rig/ commuter (got a lot of puzzled looks with that one) but allways wanted an open top jeep.
never liked the newer wranglers/ CJ7 or newer styles- so when this mindie turned up I grabbed it.

I have seen a few other mahindras in perth over the last couple of years, but never been able to catch up for a chat/ bull$##t session.

I have also heard about a mythical stash of mindie parts somewhere in country W.A.

So if any mindie owners want to catch up- or if you know where the treasure trove is stashed- please sing out!

All the best,

Stephen.
Old 26-01-2012
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There's a guy at Stanwell that has a raft of Cj3's, and a few Mahindras. He had a house fire a year or 3 ago and part of the claim was for a ww2 jeep he had. Sad to see that burnt out.
Stanwell being near Rockhampton, in Qld, so no help to you I'm afraid.
Old 28-01-2012
Yeah I bought another one

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Nice one mate, the Mahindras have more genuine Jeep heritage than anything Chrysler have churned out and called a JEEP.
The bodies are built to the same specs as the early CJs, BUT the engine and drive lines have been changed.....
So good luck on your trek, my dad has a Mitsubishi Jeep that looks the same, but under the skin is a total frankenjeep
There are parts from Mitz cars, trucks, forklifts and trucks that make his Jeebishi work, unfortunately no HOLY GRAIL of parts.
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 29-01-2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default gidday Gildo,

The Mitsubishi CJ3B's are pretty plentiful over in Japan,
A mate of mine was over there 2 or 3 years ago and reckoned he was seeing them all over the place, also saw piles of them stacked up in scrap yards.
If he wasnt so tragically infected with landyvirus he would have stuck a couple in a seacontainer and brought them back!

There are mobs out there that still source second hand Jap vehicles for importing into Australia- I imagine the Mitsy CJ3B type jeeps wouldnt be too pricey if you wanted one- and I read someplace they were in production until 1995 or so.

Stephen.

Last edited by cj3b; 29-01-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: dodgy spelling
Old 19-02-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

gidda I have a mindy but an indian one still original except for a 300mm longer 2.2 ltr petrol 3spd etc
oh welcome the the forum
warren
ps need a pic of yours
Old 23-02-2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Gidday Warren,
I think I might have seen you and your mindie on the UK Mahindra Register website- last I heard you were relocating away from shaky ground- hope everything is working out for you and your family

Here are a couple of pics of my CJ340 Mahindra the day it arrived here, its now stripped down with body off the chassis. The engine, gearbox and t'case are in a cradle.
I will be needing to replace front guards, bonnet and windscreen frame as they are too far gone for me to fix.

My alternatives are to get what I need from the Philipines, or go for MB parts from Marathon Spares, as well as a MB or CJ3A grill- and do a top chop to the tub so they fit.

Stephen.

Last edited by cj3b; 23-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 23-02-2012

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Cj340 pics

CJ340 mahindra pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0362.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	53036   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0366.jpg