Jeep Lemon Australia Viral - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Hot Topic of week
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2016
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Jeep Lemon Australia Viral

An Australian man has struck a chord with disgruntled car owners around the world, by crafting a clever musical complaint over his “lemon” Jeep.

Teg Sethi’s music video has only been online for two days but has already wracked up more than 60,000 views.

That may make him feel a little better because the parody of Redfoo’s New Thang is a sharply worded dig at Fiat Chrysler Jeep, which he says owes him a $60,000 refund on his car.

While he declares, "I made a mistake - I bought a Jeep" in the chorus, Mr Sethi says there is a serious side to the humorous production.

“In October 2013 I bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee for $60,000,” he wrote on his YouTube account.

“This was a BIG mistake as it has been a lemon Jeep from the day I got it.”

Whats our thoughts at #ausjeep ??

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 12-01-2016
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Jeep have bought it back off of him already, he asked for $100k initially but took the $60k in the end with some adjustments to the gag order on him.

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-01-2016
Head Honcho

Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Gag order or not, still plenty of his videos doing the rounds in circulation. Bet he's even making a return on the youtube video channel

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 12-01-2016
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Didn't watch the video and have no intention too either, as i don't think you need to make a literal "Song and Dance" about the issue, get it sorted and move on, just my view...and how many automotive companies are there that HAVEN'T had the odd lemon, not many. Any ideas on what the issues were?
Old 12-01-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

what is his job ? how did he pay ?
looks like the type of person that hangs around Aspley in Brisbane at night to drop burnouts and gloat and sell what ever. OH the gold chains say it all , and yeah if I was a dealer and that sort of thing performed like he does I too would tell him where to go.
and is that the way he thinks receptionists look and act ?
pretty low outlook on other people.

Last edited by bleetnblurt; 12-01-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 13-01-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 169 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetnblurt View Post
what is his job ? how did he pay ?
looks like the type of person that hangs around Aspley in Brisbane at night to drop burnouts and gloat and sell what ever. OH the gold chains say it all , and yeah if I was a dealer and that sort of thing performed like he does I too would tell him where to go.
and is that the way he thinks receptionists look and act ?
pretty low outlook on other people.
What do you do for a job?

Regardless what the guy looks like or does for a job is not important here and comes across as though you are intolerant of his race or believes. You say a low outlook on other people, might be time to read your post and review your thoughts.

I think it is good that the consumer has stuck up for him self, and if this is the only way that jeep will notice him good on him. Lets be honest jeeps are not the most reliable car around and if your putting that much cash into a car you'll want it to be safe.
I bought a jeep and was so dissapointed in it, now the only thing thats jeep is the chassis rails, steering system and the body because i like the look of it.

To the guy saying to sort it and move on, if you watch it youll understand why he has done this so it is incorrect for you to make that statement.

Im going through the same thing with one of the biggest franchise builders in Australia and the greed and corruption in these mulit million dollar companies is discusting so they can turn over a profit at the cost of the consumer. so i know on a personal level how this guy feels.

Sent from my SM-J100Y

Last edited by rang0; 13-01-2016 at 06:13 AM.
Old 13-01-2016
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

Would be interesting to know what the faults were. No car these days is fault free ex the factory. The last cars to be that way were Mercedes Benz decades ago.