2.5 td VM pedal sensor and no. 1 injector - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > Wanted
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-12-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 2.5 td VM pedal sensor and no. 1 injector

To Suit: 1999 Cherokee 2.5 td
Hi everyone.
I am having problems with my engine and in my small town I cant really find help. I am looking for pedal sensor (car goes into 1100 rpm limp home mode) and no.1 injector (sensor doesn't work, unplugging doesn't change anything).
If anyone somewhere near Armidale/Tamworth/Coffs have them and would sell them or, ideally, let me swap them before buying to check it that't the problem, you would save my life!
Since engine blows fair bit of black smoke I think it might be also worth checking MAF.
I also have a spare injection pump that I could swap for these items in any combination if you need one.
Cheers!
Old 04-12-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

You can easily check the #1 injector sensor. Just use a multi meter to measure the resistance. Post the value on here. The smoke maybe an EGR problem. What is your boost pressure like? I have had black smoke problems with my older diesel.
Old 04-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No. 1 injector is faulty, has no continuity - I checked that. I also blocked the EGR yesterday, no change in smoking. But there was lots of oily deposit (from black smoke from EGR I reckon) in the intake manifold that I didn't have time to clean, I'll try to do this later.
For now I definitely need a working no.1 injector and acc pedal sensor.
I don't know my boost pressure, don't have tools to measure it but I will try to check it.

Last edited by orient; 04-12-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

A second hand injector out of the EU is the most economical option.
anthonygubbin is wreaking a TD & may be able to help with the accelerator sensor. Mudmonster may also have a accelerator sensor.
Good Luck.
Old 04-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I took the pedal sensor out and cleaned, someone played with it before me and it looks like back cover was becoming loose and that's why car was going into 1100 rpm limp home mode. I might have fixed that, but we will see if it doesn't come back after a while.
For the injector I tried a trick - I put a 100 ohm resistor instead of the injector sensor, but there is still the black smoke and I am looking for a working one. I guess it could be MAF or injectors, or maybe the injection pump? I will take car to diesel people next week and try to have injectors checked for pressure and flow. With MAF I would still appreciate if someone let me try another MAF and check if that fixes the problem.
So if there is someone with no.1 injector and MAF please let me know! Otherwise, I'll have to order one from Europe.

Edit: No luck with the pedal sensor - got stuck into 1100 rpm on my way home and keeps going into this mode every few minutes. So I am still looking for the pedal sensor!

Last edited by orient; 04-12-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

mate im in coffs harbour and have a spare maf sensor you could try. cant help with the pedal or injector sorry. but may be able to take them out of my car and see if it fixes your issues save spending hundreds chasing a maybe this or that.

I also have a kit to test injector flow rate, I might even have a pressure tester kit, cant remember if I bought the kit or not will have to check.

I would be happy to help out as much as I can, if you wanted to make a trip to coffs, im off to Brisbane this weekend, back sunday arvo. im off work till the end of January so im free every day except this week end.
Old 04-12-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
I took the pedal sensor out and cleaned, someone played with it before me and it looks like back cover was becoming loose and that's why car was going into 1100 rpm limp home mode. I might have fixed that, but we will see if it doesn't come back after a while.
For the injector I tried a trick - I put a 100 ohm resistor instead of the injector sensor, but there is still the black smoke and I am looking for a working one. I guess it could be MAF or injectors, or maybe the injection pump? I will take car to diesel people next week and try to have injectors checked for pressure and flow. With MAF I would still appreciate if someone let me try another MAF and check if that fixes the problem.
So if there is someone with no.1 injector and MAF please let me know! Otherwise, I'll have to order one from Europe.

Edit: No luck with the pedal sensor - got stuck into 1100 rpm on my way home and keeps going into this mode every few minutes. So I am still looking for the pedal sensor!
I think the 100 ohm resistor only works on a small number of early ones. Doesnt work on either of mine.
#1 injector sensor will cause a limp at about 2000rpm. it looks like your problem is more than this. Could be the peddle problem you speak of.