cheap 50" lightbar - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > Ebay Gumtree Finds
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-08-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Looks dodgy, but I really hope that I am wrong! Sorry about this long post - I got caught before and where they'll catch you is in the return postage cost when they send you the wrong item.

I bought a 20" single row (10W cree LED) light bar from China for $200 delivered (going back half a year). What was delivered was a $100 dual row 3 watters I disputed and they said they're happy for me to return the product and they'll refund me in full - great I thought, so I asked them to send me $70 for the return postage (which was the cheapest I can find) and they said "NO", the buyer is responsible for the postage cost.... I told them no way, I'll raise it with paypal. Paypal responded with "whats the problem, they buyer is responsible for the return postage, thats our policy". I thought no way, how is it that paypal is allowing this to happen... clearly this is open to abuse, seller sends wrong item and buyer cops the cr@p. Dispute through Paypal was closed and I was not happy! I went to facebook and blasted paypal openly for allowing this sort of scam to happen. I asked paypal "Why are you punishing buyers for return postal cost when the seller sends the wrong item". They asked to take it offline, which I did and emailed them their case # etc. In the end Paypal reopened the closed dispute and credited me the postal cost for sending the item back to the Chinese...... unf@rken believable...... unit paypal changes their shipping policy, I won't be buying any light bars etc from China....!

I honestly hope that you guys aren't being ripped, so I can go get one too!
Old 06-08-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

the buyers always responsible for return postage.
Old 06-08-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Picked from the bin?

Well looking at the following you are saving a bucket for the same item

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30INCH-16...item2a404740cc
Old 07-08-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

OK, so everyone knows whats going to happen here. Lets be realistic, a new seller wanting to get their feedback up would maybe take a hit on profit and under cut the competition but not that much. Hell you couldn't even buy the leds by themselves for that price from china. But with buyer protection what have you got to lose. SFA really. interest on $50 in your bank for 3 weeks.

I foresee everyone getting an email from the seller in a week saying its been sent , please be patient as postage can take 20 business days maybe longer due to some strange Chinese holiday of the purple banana jelly tree or something and maybe contact customs if not received in 30 days. Before the 30 days (probably after about 5-10) I see ebay sending a message saying if you haven't paid don't and if you have with paypal open a dispute.

Now I know its a bit early as it will take 2-3 weeks to get your money back and this thread will turn into a "I HAVE $50 IN PAYPAL WHAT SHOULD I BUY?" thread but these are my suggestions. If you have any others worth checking out please add their links here as well as I have a feeling they might come in handy shortly for quite a few people.

Door Sill Trims.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DOOR-SILL...item338b7f0bba

Evil Eye Bezels
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Black-...item233bef5b3c

Fuel Cap Cover
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gas-Cap-F...item2a3cafce9a

Coloured LED Interior Lights
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jeep-JK-W...item27d98ef44e

Smittybuilt Clinometer
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rugged-Ri...item5408e82622

Jeep Valve Caps
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Premium-Q...item23223c0cc9
Old 07-08-2014
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default cheap 50" lightbar

Goods shipped yesterday with a tracking number.

So glad I have more important things to worry about in life.

Last edited by jwrangler; 07-08-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-08-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Well like others with the paypal protection in place I thought, what is there to lose? Seems it was too good to be true, like jwrangler i got the message that the item had been shipped, but this morning the item is no longer on eBay. my messages had this:

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

The user id for the message was different to the one on the original screen. The shorter bar is also gone but if you do a search for the seller there are other light bars as well.

Last edited by JasperJ; 07-08-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2014
EL CAPITANO DESTRUCTO

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,911 Times in 804 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Got the same email
Doesnt necessarily mean its not gonna turn up
Maybe they sold out....
Post New Thread  Reply