Poly4x4 woes - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > Resolution Center & Negative feedback
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-02-2013
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Poly4x4 woes

I avoided mentioning this for a month or so, don't like to say these things without giving them a chance but I have tried to have some issues resolved, nothing but headaches from them. I hope they visit this forum for a rebuttal, because there is more i could say. have also asked for them to remove the images of my jeep from their facebook page (that were put up without covering my plates), dont want them promoting their business with my jeep.

I have 'Copypasta' to this section, from a less relevant thread, due to this being the place for this type of thing.

Quote:
i feel your pain, I had a similar experience with the folks that did my lift (poly4x4, a vendor on this site), they eyed in the control arms, track bars by hand, to the point that the caster on the rear was out so far the bump stop extension bracket slammed into the control arm bolt every time i hit a bump, and there was no less than 1.5 inches sticking out further on one side than the other, pathetic, car pulled to the left real bad also, ohh, and the arb diff plates were leaking, they had not even attempted to remove the original sealant, gunk everywhere, they also claimed to have adjusted the speedometer for the larger tyres but at 100km/h im actualy doing 110, i drive the freeway every day and pass under speed camera's twice daily.. might end up having to go to court.

Returned to them weeks later, booked in, they had my jeep for 2 days, and when I got it back they had flipped the control arm bolt, rather than shortening the upper control arms in so the caster improved, clearing the bolt, was also toed out in the front about 35mm.... on picking the car up they said they had no time to do an alignment, take it to pedders..WTF! (2 days to flip a bolt, and re-seal one diff). I gave it to them due to 1) lack of time to do it myself, and 2) felt they should fix their mistakes. 3) Could have easily done it my self but a professional (i use the term loosely) alignment seemed the better idea

have not plastered my experience all over these forums yet but this thread seemed good as any, so in closing not just stealerships and or warranty work, the folks you pay 6k+ for aftermarket work will also take it and run.... sales dept was very helpful though $$$$$

edit- forgot to mention on picking my car up after returning it to have things fixed, that they did not do, they had pulled the double black offroad stickers off my windshield and replaced them with their own, in what universe are they living to think i would want to promote their company (can u picture my face at the time?, lol)

/RANT OVER
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5

Last edited by sladey; 09-02-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

forgot to mention they were also going to try and charge me again for the alignment when i brought it back in...
Old 09-02-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles, its a shame some people have no idea on how to service a customer correctly. I see it all the time.
Hope it all works out for you mate

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 10-02-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

You need to let them know that unhappy customers are the last thing they need and that their business will suffer.

If you are unhappy with the service you received ring and speak to the company principal. Not the service department or the shop assistant.

Offer him a threa...... rather a promise of online response to their soddy work. If that doesn't work then do it - this and other forums and bring it back to the top of the pile every couple of weeks by "has anyone had a bad experience with XXXXX 4WD lately?"

Nothing hurts a manager/principal more than ongoing reminders of their stuff ups'.
Old 10-02-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
Although the suggestion sounds good it would be just more of your time and effort wasted. You need to let them know that unhappy customers are the last thing they need and that their business will suffer.

If you are unhappy with the service you received ring and speak to the company principal. Not the service department or the shop assistant.

Offer him a threa...... rather a promise of online response to their soddy work. If that doesn't work then do it - this and other forums and bring it back to the top of the pile every couple of weeks by "has anyone had a bad experience with XXXXX 4WD lately?"

Nothing hurts a manager/principal more than ongoing reminders of their stuff ups'.
cheers, btw i love your sig, so true.

Last edited by sladey; 11-02-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 13-02-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Poly 4x4

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...x4#post1348453

Poly 4x4 prides itself on customer satisfaction and adhering to a 100% Strike Rate when it comes to servicing / spare parts and getting the job done properly first time every time.

In order to carry out such a process, Poly 4x4 offer a satisfaction guarantee to all our valuable customers; realistic completion times of all servicing and project built vehicles. We endeavor to adhere to our valued customers budgetary and performance requirements upon every visit and pride ourselves on strong international and local relations with suppliers of all Poly 4x4 stocked products.

The team at Poly 4x4 pride themselves on the finished product and enjoy branding / personalising the built vehicles by placing stickers on windshields or smaller and more modest bumper stickers (at the customers direct verbal consent) on ALL occasions.

In order to get the job done properly, we can all agree “Good Things Take Time”.
Poly 4x4 offer a complimentary loan car to each and every customer upon booking their vehicle in for a desired service / modification.

When it comes to a Major Build, Poly 4x4 advise ALL customers to return for a
7-day analysis and calibration of all work carried out FREE OF CHARGE. As company policy, no vehicle leaves our mezzanine floor without the direct approval of our Service Manager. A complimentary loan car option is also on hand should our team encounter any issues or imperfection of workmanship.

If for some extenuating reason the team are unable to complete a task / specific modification within the confines of our establishment, or the customer is inconvenienced by travelling to our workshop, we direct our valued customers onto a industry proven professional company within our network of dealers and workshops throughout the country, eg: Pedders Ferntree Gully (Victorian Renowned and recognised within the broader 4WD community for their wheel alignments and suspension resources / expertise).

If there are any issues encountered, problems or feedback (both positive or negative) during your experience with our organisation, I urge you to contact our Principal / Director Mr. Jim Doukas directly on +61 3 9562 7779.

Stay safe and HAPPY WHEELING.

Kind Regards

John
Old 13-02-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

Well now that we have extracted a response from Polly lets see what happens when you phone the guy.
Looking forward to the report of your discussions with him.