What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 145 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 669 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_char View Post
Not too sure about the amber LED’s in the WL Grille.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not stock, that's the owner's addition. Clearance lights in the grille are a thing in the US - they call them Raptor Lights, after they were popularised by the F150 raptors. They're definitely bred a bit different over there.

Old 07-06-2022
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Those leds would attract the Maroon roof top lights I think here .............

Upper ball joint is clamped not bolted to the steering knuckle, that would have to be an expensive mod I reckon, its not a small part at all, unless things changed in later models ????

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 07-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 669 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Those leds would attract the Maroon roof top lights I think here .............

Upper ball joint is clamped not bolted to the steering knuckle, that would have to be an expensive mod I reckon, its not a small part at all, unless things changed in later models ????
Being ambers I think they'd be fine - I've seen few Rangers that have a saggy arse and CV angles that would make you cry running around with them...

Yeah ball joint won't be an easy fix, but I'm not sure if the setup on the 5-seat variants has been confirmed yet - although I imagine it would be the same. Could be offset and maybe flares (if someone makes them) are the way to go

After posting the WL yesterday I did some more digging and found a guy who runs 265/70/18 (32.6") on a 0 offset rim with only some minor trimming to the pinch weld. Apparently the camera's playing tricks and it sits flush with the guard.

Dropped mine at the dealer this morning to get the W58 and S51 recalls done - actually had a very pleasant experience with both the service and sales guys! I had a look at the WL demo they had there and was pretty impressed - definitely a different class of vehicle, but fit and finish is great. Looking forward to when the 5 seaters (specifically Trailhawk) get released here next year.

Old 07-06-2022
Established Member

Liked 120 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
they call them Raptor Lights, after they were popularised by the F150 raptors.
They were required on the raptors, because they're wider than allowed for a regular passenger vehicle. I forget the exact number, but they're slightly wider than a stock F150.
Old 07-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
Being ambers I think they'd be fine - I've seen few Rangers that have a saggy arse and CV angles that would make you cry running around with them...

Yeah ball joint won't be an easy fix, but I'm not sure if the setup on the 5-seat variants has been confirmed yet - although I imagine it would be the same. Could be offset and maybe flares (if someone makes them) are the way to go

After posting the WL yesterday I did some more digging and found a guy who runs 265/70/18 (32.6") on a 0 offset rim with only some minor trimming to the pinch weld. Apparently the camera's playing tricks and it sits flush with the guard.

Dropped mine at the dealer this morning to get the W58 and S51 recalls done - actually had a very pleasant experience with both the service and sales guys! I had a look at the WL demo they had there and was pretty impressed - definitely a different class of vehicle, but fit and finish is great. Looking forward to when the 5 seaters (specifically Trailhawk) get released here next year.

i cannot justify pushing $100K for a jeep . If i am going to drop $100K+ on a car it will be probably a defender . Deffo wont be a yota or nissan unless nissan actually give us the updated interior that the rest of the world gets
Old 08-06-2022
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What were the before and after DPF soot percentages?
Old 08-06-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Took 'Gina' out for her monthly 'seeing to'....20klm 3rd at 3750ish rpm(110kph on speedo)....battery now fully recharged...'gunk' blown out (hopefully)...observations....took almost every metre of that 20klm for the trans temp to reach normal op temp (80C)...only time trans temp went over that was at the turn around point (another 15klm down the road in top gear) when the right foot and 'go' pedal touched the floor, reaching a 'bit' more than the number inside the 'red circle'....coolant temp never went over 70C...dropped to around 60C when using top gear and on return to town (ambient 14C)...fuel economy on the thrash n return(60klm in total) 9.2/100....these cars are beasts....go like stink and run on a fart....will dip the oil when it settles (less than 3k since oil change) and check consumption...hasnt used any of note during the past 24k of ownership...buying two spare fuel relays today as Im pretty sure the one I just put in was taken out once before....not playing up now, but an 'adventure' is on the horizon....filled up when I got back to town as I wanted to perform the 'blow out' with max concentration of DPF Cleaner in system (added a bottle at last fill)...took 51litres....pretty friggin good for 6 weeks running...OBVIOUSLY it not far to n from work...hence the monthly 'blast'...my V8 Rangie was using that each fortnight (pretty close anyway...around 43lts)...all in all...one happy chappy....love em !!!
Mine did its speed run to Dans, 120km round trip mostly at 105, temps normal, have no idea of soot oven temps or anything as forgot, burn rate was 9.5l/100 so happy with it all.... really would like a pyro gauge on dash, using a phone app is a pain.... I do know its scary half a tank of juice is the same in dollars what a full tank was costing...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply