Star Track unable to find my AEV Savegres - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 32 Times in 15 Posts
Default Star Track unable to find my AEV Savegres

Hi folks,

So I finally pulled the trigger on some AEV Savegres and they were shipped from Brissie to Vic on 26th with ETA of 29th. Yesterday I called Star Track to find out what had happened because the tracking hadn't updated since the 26th.

It appears wheels are "lost", and they're trying to locate them that's $2,100 worth of gear. I had booked in to get them fitted with new tyres tomorrow, but if it so happens they can't find them, what are my options? How long would you wait before taking further action...? I'd hate to be waiting indefinitely.

I've contacted the vendor who was quite understanding and I have nothing but good things to say about their service but I'm starting to feel like why is this my problem? I paid for wheels including deliverey, cash has left my account, wheels haven't arrived....
Old 02-06-2015
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

Bummer
I am sure vendor will help you out if they cant find them

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 02-06-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 172 Times in 124 Posts

That sux brah!
I hope they deliver them to me.....
But if you have the consignment number / tracking number they should know where and when they were last scanned. That was not at your delivery point, so they have to be responsible.
Old 02-06-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Try reading the fine print on the back of a Star Track consignment note, you'll need a microscope. Basically they aren't responsible if you didn't accept their overpriced insurance option. I've only recently had them lose a $6500 aircraft liferaft. We thought we were insured through the company insurance but by some weird technicality liferafts and lifejackets aren't covered in transit.

I'd put pressure on the vendor, if they didn't offer you shipping insurance you might have a case. However, if they did, you're on your own.
Old 02-06-2015
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

I was under the impression that under consumer law it is the retailer's responsibility to get it to you. Ie they are responsible not you. Since you haven't signed for them and they didn't go lost at your place it's not your responsibility. They failed to deliver the goods. I am sure the vendor will sort it out. I imagine they have much more clout dealing with the courier. I would also imagine said retailer would be horrified if their name had been mentioned in this thread. If it is who I think it is I have rarely if ever heard a complaint.

I think you have shown a great deal of restraint by not mentioning the retailer's name in which must be a very frustrating situation for you ☺. Helps keep this from turning into a witch hunt.

I would simply let them know you believe it is their responsibility to chase up.
Old 02-06-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unless the sender has insurance on the freight, the company in question will not pay for your wheels. However, most of the time freight goes "missing" due to the sender not labeling the freight correctly by not affixing the label correctly or sending it on a handwritten con note. The freight gets scanned at every depot it goes into, therefore unless it's in a trailer in the way to Perth or not labelled correctly it should be traceable.

Bear in mind, you have no leg to stand on with the freight company regarding compensation.

PM me your consignment number and I'll see if I can help.
Old 02-06-2015
Established Member

Liked 97 Times in 53 Posts

They "lost" a warn high mount on me, don't hold your breath on getting them, I'm not the only person to have had this corrupt company "lose" items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk