ipad mount - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-12-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeywrangler View Post
Nice unit. Yes looks like I need to keep everything below the line of the Jesus bar and off to one side. Should be able to get it over the transfer lever and quite low so even if it does get hit by the airbag gets forced downwards and away from passenger.
Old 24-12-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Not an Easy fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
you will be obstructing the airbag in both of those positions, think very carefully where you position it, as an explosively launched ipad can kill.

PM hunty he has been thro this and has his ipad mounted in a safe place.
Indeed Nemesis is 100% correct - if you place the iPad in the wrong place and you have an airbag activation it WILL end in tears at the very best........

I have juggled mine around in my JK for nearly 18months and have settled for just above my rear view mirror, I works really well there and for me it was a piss easy install - I just tek screwed it with 2 screws to the plastic header, angle was perfect etc - I guess this is where it will stay unless I stick it in place of my built in stereo???????
cheers Hunty

Old 25-12-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hunty, where did you get your pillar pod from and how much?
Old 26-12-2011
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmacdonald View Post
Hunty, where did you get your pillar pod from and how much?
Maaaaaaaate
DBoR give billy a call - there p!$$ easy to install cheers hunty
Old 26-12-2011
Established Member

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

If you don't mind not being able to see out ya front window maybe this...
http://youtu.be/k_in1lxrZyo
Old 30-12-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went the COP4X4 and it is fit for my purposes. Added some Velcro tape to the iPad and mount to make sure it does not fall out.
Old 01-01-2012
Full Flexer

Smile tell us more

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsonm View Post
I went the COP4X4 and it is fit for my purposes. Added some Velcro tape to the iPad and mount to make sure it does not fall out.
Hi MAte
If you could be bothered I would love to read about how easy it was to install and what your overall appraisal of the product is - and PLEASE some pix
Happy New year & cheers Hunty