MY15 Uconnect update - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default MY15 Uconnect update

Hi everyone.

I have recently purchased my first jeep (2015 Laredo with QL) after reading nearly every thread on this sites WK section to offset all the negativity towards jeep I was hearing from family and friends (who did not have any first hand experience).

I am experiencing some unexpected behaviour from the cars uconnect stereo (BT not playing google map or Waze audio as well as auto playing music on startup and if I'm not asking too much enable the auto quadralift park) which I believe would be corrected by an update. I checked the stereo last night and despite regular servicing by the jeep dealer the stereo is running software version 14.47.1 which a quick google search shows is quite out of date (current should be V17.43.01). The reason for this thread is that I am experiencing issues with the Uconnect website where it either states an error with my Vin or that my stereo is up to date (it seems to work when it wants too with regards to the vin). I have conducted a forum and google search into this problem and it seems people often have trouble with either the browser or computer being used. I have attempted the "check for updates" using a windows computer and Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and even download opera browser with not luck. I have also tried using my MacBook with Safari, however, I am getting the same errors.

I am trying to avoid having to take the vehicle to the local jeep dealer for the update as the vehicle is our primary family vehicle which has three car seats across the back - as the local jeep service centre is not open Saturdays this will force my wife to have three children (2 infants) to sit around and wait for it to complete and secondly I am not too sure if there would be a cost involved (I would assume not as I would have thought installing updates would be a part of the servicing's they have completed for the last 80,000km).

Long story short I am hoping that someone with an MY15 (Im not too sure if this matters) could pm me their vin number if theres shows an update available on https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html (One of the American forums has a generic Vin which can be used to download the updates, however, I believe I need the APAC (Aus version) or alternatively host the file on something like dropbox and send me the link?

Thank you.

Michael
Old 12-05-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 140 Times in 100 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Michael

I am running the latest update - and it has some fun problems, too. I can't get the seat to automatically slide back and the steering wheel rise up for Easy Entry/Exit plus a few other things.

If I enter my VIN it says I am up to date.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old 12-05-2018
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs View Post
Michael

I am running the latest update - and it has some fun problems, too. I can't get the seat to automatically slide back and the steering wheel rise up for Easy Entry/Exit plus a few other things.

If I enter my VIN it says I am up to date.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Thanks for the reply Numb Thumbs, I did see your post on the other thread with the problems you were experiencing, however, I do not believe they will effect me as my car does not have those features (Laredo). As our uconnect systems do not offer over the air updates I am unsure how the website possibly works out what version you currently have installed to inform that my vehicle is up to date.
Old 12-05-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

When they service your car any updates applied to on the data base.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs.
Old 13-05-2018
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 36 Posts

Mike, I think for V17.43.01 you will need to visit your dealer. It is annoying that the driveuconnect site has been changed disabling the download of the latest version, but what is even more annoying is the stupid message of 'you have the latest update' when clearly that is not the case. It would have been far more helpful to have it say something like an update has been released but is unavailable for customer download. It is a big file and takes well over an hour to install (perhaps this is why they have disabled the download) Previous versions have all taken 10-15 odd minutes to download and and then another 20 mins to install.

I did download V17.09.01 from the mygig site held by Sox, and that took nearly 3 hours to bring down (but I do have a crappy download speed). I didn't install it because my KL was due for service anyway and so they did it (except they installed V17.43.01 for me).

So in summary, I think if you want that .43.01 version, then a dealer visit is probably inevitable.

Last edited by SJetc; 13-05-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 13-05-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Just went to check my SatNav.

It is version V, was working all states, but not now. It will only do Victorian addresses! And all the other things that did not work, still don't work. I can't set a seating position or lock it to my key and it won't do easy entry/exit.

Back to Jeep...

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;')
Old 13-05-2018
I just registered

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Get Uconnect V17.43.01 from the Dealer. We just got it done recently. It fixed Satnav change state problems, Phone Blu-tooth not connecting and others. Seat positions have to be redone. May be other glitches lurking!
John
Old 14-05-2018
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJetc View Post

I did download V17.09.01 from the mygig site held by Sox, and that took nearly 3 hours to bring down (but I do have a crappy download speed). I didn't install it because my KL was due for service anyway and so they did it (except they installed V17.43.01 for me).

So in summary, I think if you want that .43.01 version, then a dealer visit is probably inevitable.
Thanks for the input everyone.
I managed to get a similar version from the same location (although for 8.4 uconnect), I believe the slow speed is on the server side. Im going to ring the dealer today and see if they can copy the 17.43.01 update onto my thumb drive to save some time.
Old 14-05-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 113 Times in 94 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs View Post
When they service your car any updates applied to on the data base.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs.
Yeah that could be the case, but isn't.

Dealer has never updated mine nor has my car been to the dealer in some time and it changed from update required, here's the version TO your car has the latest.

They simply stopped offering it for download for AUS and probably other export punters but didn't tell anyone.