Grand Must Have's- Help needed - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Grand Must Have's- Help needed

Hi Guys

Well, I think I am going to grow up officially and, instead of a new Wrangler Unlimited, I am going to buy a Grand Cherokee.
I am looking at the CRD Laredo spec and need to know what extras/fruit to load it with.
At the moment I am thinking:
- Quadralift Suspension
- Off-road Adventure Pack
- ARB Sahara Bar
- Snorkel
- Towbar
- BFG KM2's (what's the max size you can fit on a Grand?)
- Electric brake controller

Is there anything else I should consider?

Should I go with the air suspension or the basic springs and invest in a lift kit instead?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts

If you're heading offroad underbody plates (Mopar + uneek or chief front) are a must and rock rails ( Mopar or Uneek) are seriously worth a thought.

To me I would drop the air suspensionand go steel and lift it. Gives more lift then the highest setting on the air suspension.

2011 Ltd Crd, Uneek bar & plate, Murch lift, Mopar sliders & plates. Murch snorkle on order.
Old 11-07-2015
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Yeah, but if you go the Offroad pack and the QD2 with the rear locker, then you have to have air suspension (as I recall, unless something has changed?).

And yep, you need that sump protector plate (chief/uneek), Chief also do a transmission protector plate.

I have 275/65R18 tyres, they seem to be as big as you can go without spacers and trimming bits.

The Murchison snorkel seems to be the way to go, from reports. And I'd look at the uneek front bar, I like it better than the ARB one, but whichever.
Old 11-07-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 83 Times in 51 Posts

Definately the offroad adventure pack but as hound said drop the air suspension and get a lift. I optoined the air suspension and although it is good I wish I had of just went steel. Plus you can get bigger tyres with a lift. If you're planning on doing a lot of towing might be a different story though.
Old 11-07-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi,

You're obviously towing, (brake controller), so go the Quadra Air, it is great for towing!

We got the Redarc Tow Pro installed, just under the light knob - so neat and easy to use.

Have a look at the higher spec - the leather vented seats are brilliant!

If you are towing, do the Clearview Mirrors - love 'em!

The adventure pack includes the 18 inch wheels (if getting a Limited or Overland), the rear diff lock and the underbody protection.

We went ECB alloy winch bar, lighter than ARB, which might need stronger spirngs, which of course you can't do with the Quadra Lift Air!

I'm going to get a Provent Catch Can very soon. But these Jeeps have everything already in them - so not much else to add!

Cheers,
Sally

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER
Old 11-07-2015
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoondog View Post
Definately the offroad adventure pack but as hound said drop the air suspension and get a lift.
As I said earlier, I don't think you can drop the air suspension if you option ORAII, at least you couldn't in the past.
Old 11-07-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So the offroad adventure pack is a definite? I only thought it was a rear LSD not a locker?
I'm looking at the brochure and the ORAP includes Quadradrive 2. How does that differ from the standard system?
Yes, we tow a 1.6 tonne Offroad camper trailer. Most of our holidays are in that to fun places however I do get out on weekends and hit the tracks. Currently driving a GU Patrol CRD with 2" lift and 33's so needs to be as capable as that.
Keep the ideas coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post New Thread  Reply