Best Tire Selection Ideas For 2019 - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-01-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

BFG KO2 is extremely popular for good reason if you need an All Terrain.
Old 16-01-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Hard to believe you'd get 100k out of any tyre without serious compromise in grip and road noise. I reckon 60-65k is about right for a very good tyre run at correct pressures.
Not really . rotate tyres every 5000km , ******** on tyre pressures . I only have 4 tyres in the rotation as well . Personally doesn't bother me what you believe , i know what i got out of my tyres and other dynapro owners all say the same thing .

Make from that what you will but i know that unless hankook change the tyre compound i won't run anything toerh than these . I've had coopers , bridgestone on other cars and nothing has given me the amount of km's without comprimising safety like the hankooks have .

Granted in the ast 10000 grip was reduced and i did get tail happy in the wet but after 90K i could live with it
Old 16-01-2019
Established Member

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

My local quoted me $290 each for the Dynapro’s, $350 for the Coopers AT3’s

They had the Dynapro’s there and they look nice, I will shop around. Online stores want the world to post to Tassie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16-01-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo4runner View Post
My local quoted me $290 each for the Dynapro’s, $350 for the Coopers AT3’s

They had the Dynapro’s there and they look nice, I will shop around. Online stores want the world to post to Tassie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a lot, the Dynapro RF10 265x60x18's I put on the WK2 were $230ea.

Last edited by 08crd; 16-01-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 16-01-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 436 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
Not really . rotate tyres every 5000km , ******** on tyre pressures . I only have 4 tyres in the rotation as well . Personally doesn't bother me what you believe , i know what i got out of my tyres and other dynapro owners all say the same thing .
Yeah OK, good you are happy with the Dynapro mate. I wasn't meaning to offend you. I've worn out the odd tyre or two in my 58 years as well, and have some idea of the compromises involved in using a compound that would go that distance.
Old 16-01-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Yeah OK, good you are happy with the Dynapro mate. I wasn't meaning to offend you. I've worn out the odd tyre or two in my 58 years as well, and have some idea of the compromises involved in using a compound that would go that distance.
I'm a similar age to you Troutman, and I know where you are coming from, but I am really suprised how well the Hankooks do perform.

I guess it is like everything else, the only time things get improved, is when they can't sell what they are pumping out.
It is a bit like Holden and Ford, they were selling $hit motors for years, untill Japan started making a good product.
Then tarrifs dropped and they had to compete with Europeans as well.
All of a sudden the old 250 ford straight six, got more makeovers than a Hollywood hooker.
Have you noticed on MotoGP that they are getting lean angles of 60degrees, that is absolutely mental, tyre technology is moving on, people's rusted on beliefs are the hardest things to move.
Old 16-01-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 436 Times in 264 Posts

I understand what you're saying mate and I love my motorsport too. One thing that never goes hand in hand is traction and longevity. Hence why they have so many compounds to choose from in MotoGP or Supercars...as well as wet weather tyres. I'm not saying you can't get 100k out of a set of tyres, I am saying acceptable traction and braking will have long gone by then …..for me.