Darkside Customs' Dual (or Triple) Electric Fan Conversion - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep Installation and How To's
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-07-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidecustoms View Post
KJ out of interest are you planning on fitting these to an XJ? Noticed you have ZJ in your profile...

Also I assume you shouldn't have too much of an issue wiring the triple fans in dual mode if the first two are dual speed then the third only being triggered by the full speed circuit, like billnick's setup?
it is for my zj ..wiring harness ,done . will be using two smaller fans with 4x relays for a/con and thermo switch and the 16 inch 3300cfm will be thermo only . all i need to do is tap in a thermo switch ,,maybe into thermostat housing? and find a ignition only source and a a/con hot wire . made up a template of the radiator ,,with the two small fans on the left side top and bottom and the 16 inch,wedged up against the centre of the twin fans ,on the right side ,there is just enough room ..that 16 inch fan has a huge motor ,,i have a 80 amp relay for this .i have a throud
Old 01-08-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 275 Times in 139 Posts

KJ did you have a thermofan for AC originally?
Old 06-07-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Just an update and for information's sake I used the original belt path for my OBD2 setup, the belt length is different to stock but no further mods are required and all pulleys are used, the belt I used is a 6pk2135, this method still maintains the original (or very close to) amount of contact of belt to pulley.
If you're running an OBD1 vehicle then the original belt can be used in a different path which still maintains the original amount of contact between belt and pulley.

Mines been running for over 5 years now, so far so good....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 12-12-2016
Yeah I bought another one

Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Dredging up this thread as I'm about to add 3x9" fans and a new radiator.
Is anyone aware of an off the shelf controller for 2 additional fans.?
Centre fan will run off std wiring, additional fans will need to go through an extra relay.
I like the idea of the trans temp switch too.
JJ, will 3 fans work on your Cct?
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 12-12-2016
RubiconSlammer

Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildo View Post
Dredging up this thread as I'm about to add 3x9" fans and a new radiator.
Is anyone aware of an off the shelf controller for 2 additional fans.?
Centre fan will run off std wiring, additional fans will need to go through an extra relay.
I like the idea of the trans temp switch too.
JJ, will 3 fans work on your Cct?
Hi Gildo, Summit Racing have a bunch of controllers in their catalogue for multiple fans. The 2 speed system whereby you have 2 fans running constantly on low speed and all three on high speed works very effectively. Are you anywhere near Brisbane? You're welcome to have a look at my setup.
Old 12-12-2016
RubiconSlammer

Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

Just re-reading the Summit catalogue. Page 194 there is a controller that runs the fans at 60% rising to 100% depending on the coolant temp. Awesome!
Old 13-12-2016
Yeah I bought another one

Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Damn, was in Brizvegas today, now back in Melbourne.
Thanks for that I'll take a look at the summit catalogue.

Anyone out there running the Davies Craig dual fan controller?
Another option might be a stock Tridon switch, TFS206.
Any thoughts on the correc operating temps?
From what I've read so far 95-110C is the preferred range.

Think I'll keep one fan connected to the stock wiring and run the other 2 on their own controller.
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Post New Thread  Reply