CB Location - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-01-2024
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Default CB Location

Hi All,
I have a 2013 WK2 JGC with quad drive and lift so the box under the passenger seat is full of solenoids etc. If i mount the CB under the drivers seat will the closeness to the main battery affect the performance of the CB?
Old 24-01-2024
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,890 Times in 2,303 Posts

I have just stuck my unit to the carpet under the pax side set using some silastic, done it on a number of vehicles and never moves or gets damaged with the mic unit clipped on centre console with some double sided tape, if you clean the surface properly the tape sticks like the proverbial ...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 24-01-2024
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,116 Times in 592 Posts

Depends I guess on the CB type. i have one of those GME's with the operating buttons on the mike...as well as the speaker. The unit itself is only small so is mounted behind the drivers side kick panel, with the mike / speaker mounted just below the radio to the left.
The problem is being the mike is relatively heavy the bracket does tend to fall off in the heat as I use double sided tape to mount it...so it then ends up draped over the console most of the time...
Old 24-01-2024
I just registered

Great info guys, under the passenger seat there are too many cable looms hanging under the seat Drover. I have a larger unit on the side of the console but its to big and the seat can only come forward half the distance. Did not think of putting the new smaller unit behind the drivers kick panel so will give that a go.
Cheers Guys and def never to old to learn something new
Old 24-01-2024
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,890 Times in 2,303 Posts

Pulling panels is a pain, mine is just a small unit with the mic doing all the controlling, didn't notice anything hanging down under my seats other than the seat covers tie downs, it actually sits on top of the lid so is easy to get at if needed and is out of the way..... I brought my cables in thru the grommet on the pax side near blower motor...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 24-01-2024
Full Flexer

Liked 654 Times in 373 Posts

I've done as you suggest Steve - double sided taped the cradle to the wall of the battery well, then run an RJ45 extension along the tunnel, connecting up to the handpiece which is double sided taped to the dash. Aerial coax also runs along the tunnel, up the driver footwell, and through the firewall to the top right of the accelerator, which was an absolute bastard of a job that was.

Haven't noticed any interference from the battery, and the wiring was super easy given its proximity. The bonus is I can have the UHF running without the vehicle on. The downside is I have to remember to turn it off! This Uniden unit has a low voltage cutout though, which makes things easier.

Edit: had some rotation issues with the images - for clarity, the unit is mounted on the transmission tunnel side of the battery.

Old 24-01-2024
I just registered

Thanks LC just what i was after, knowing you have had no issues with interference i will go this way as a 1st choice
Post New Thread  Reply