Does a KJ Lift Kit fit a KK? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee

Portal Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 170 Times in 125 Posts
Default Does a KJ Lift Kit fit a KK?

Hey all,

I have tried searching on here and Googling couldn't find a definitive answer.

We are looking at upgrading my wife's KJ Cherokee shortly and a KK Cherokee is a potential replacement vehicle.

I have a brand new Ironman 2" lift kit that I have never fitted to the KJ and was wondering if it will also fit the KK, or even some of the components? I know it's not a hell of a lot of money saved, but I would still like to use it if I can (and keep her in another Jeep! )

If anyone could provide some guidance that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Hanna

Sponsored Posts
Old 11-12-2017
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 112 Times in 87 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Looking at the Ironman web site they don't list a lift kit for the KK so I would guess no. But would be woth calling Ironman direct as I think you'll find very few people on here who have used the Ironman stuff on a KK.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Thanks Dave.

You know, I didn't even think to do the most simple thing and check the Ironman website!

So Ironman list the rear shocks and front struts as being the same, plus I have found some overseas Ironman ads with the front springs being the same (Part No. JEEP 014C), but no definitive answer on the rear springs yet (Part No. JEEP 015B). One website lists the rear springs common to both, one lists them as for KJ only.

At least that is some good news. Hopefully someone on here can tell me if the rear springs are the same on KJ's and KK's. At worst I might be up for some rear springs.
Old 11-12-2017
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 112 Times in 87 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I was looking at the mobile vetsion of the site which wasn't very user friendly. Great that it all looks intetchangable. Here is a bit more info http://blog.jeep-club.co.uk/jeep-cherokee-kj-lift/

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018
Lowranger Shocker

Still no definitive answer to this question yet.....

I may have to just bite the bullet and get some other rear springs and hope that they match the front in height and ride quality!

Surely someone must know the answer?
Old 09-01-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts

I recently fitted a 2" lift to my wife's 2010 KK King springs and Oztec shocks the front is the same as MY but the rear springs are different

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Posts
Old 10-01-2018
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog View Post
I recently fitted a 2" lift to my wife's 2010 KK King springs and Oztec shocks the front is the same as MY but the rear springs are different

Thanks for confirming Tog!

Do you know if the King Springs were part no. KJRR-40 by any chance, or do you have a link to where you bought them from?

Did they lift the rear a true 2"? I am keen to get something that matches the Ironman springs as closely as possible. The other option is that I buy a full new set of springs.

What have the King's been like on the KK?

Cheers.
Old 10-01-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
Thanks for confirming Tog!

Do you know if the King Springs were part no. KJRR-40 by any chance, or do you have a link to where you bought them from?

Did they lift the rear a true 2"? I am keen to get something that matches the Ironman springs as closely as possible. The other option is that I buy a full new set of springs.

What have the King's been like on the KK?

Cheers.
Yep that us the part number and kjfr39 for front talk to Steve Sheppard at GSL suspension

Post New Thread  Reply