ABS Control Module Fault C2200 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-05-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Default ABS Control Module Fault C2200

Hi,

As title states I've picked up a fault in the ABS module -c2200.
It comes on as soon as vehicles moves each time and i get the chirstmas tree of lights on the dash. Does anyone have any experience fixing it? is it a full replacement unit required or is there another quick/cheaper fix?

I've seen videos from the US of people opening the units and replacing broken solder but the AUS delivered vehicles have the unit mounted differently (facing the firewall) and it looks near on impossible to remove, at least for me.
Old 19-05-2018
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

C-2200 is a generic OBD code, there may be more Jeep specific codes that can only be read by starscan at a Jeep dealer.
Old 19-05-2018
Senior Newbie

Cheers Clarky didn't realise it was generic, will take it in to stealership.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
Old 26-05-2018
Senior Newbie

Well update is no further code so have been quoted nearly 1k for remapped 2nd hand unit [emoji54]. Might have to look further at the diy fixes (test and repair solder). Currently abs still works fine but clearly the fault has come from somewhere..

Old 17-06-2018
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Found this tonight
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JEEP-GRA...oAAOSw~U5bFiLX
Old 17-06-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hi all ,
Just had a similar experience travelling in central Aust. Intermittent ABS, ESC and BAS lights were coming on, the off for a while as well as the old service 4WD system. After a while the lights were on permanently but the car was still OK to drive towing a 3t van. The other symptom was that each time the car was started the diffs would bind but free themselves after a short distance and then the service 4WD system alert would come on. After reading a few of Clarky's posts I suspected a wheel sensor problem. Had the codes read and the P73 update done in Alice Springs and the deeper codes read were, C1027 (LHR wheel speed sensor), C1043 (LHR tone wheel performance), C102A (LHR wheel speed comparative performance), C1407 (Transfer case brake control), C1418 (Front diff control circuit high), C1421 (Rear diff clutch performance), C2104 (Drive train supply voltage). Cruise control also didn't work which is not surprising.
Drove the car incident free down to Pt Lincoln where I had the LHR wheel speed sensor replaced at City motors. Surprisingly the genuine part was only $47 and 1.5hrs labour to fit. All now back to normal.
Old 20-07-2018
Senior Newbie

Just an update for this. After swamping the jeep in a whole lot of mud I gave everything a huge wash and degrease. Upon starting next I cleared the saved code and it hasn't come back since. I'm sure it won't be long before It comes back but for now I'm a happy jeeper again!

Post New Thread  Reply