What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 501 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2010
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 31 Times in 21 Posts

lol Carves - i will never stop laughing at your disco . and being the stock chero has bits from england, germany, canada, mexico and japan i tend to think of it more as a "world-class" vehicle . prolly has more chinese made audio equipment in it than all the other bits put together !

got the passenger side mirror and handles on. had to do a little trimming to the mirror to make the bottom of it contour with the door panel and also had to trim the door where it bolts on as the attachment is different but was pretty easy once i figured out how to make it work. of course the wiring had to be custom configured and i still need to run the indicators to a source although they worked when i bench tested them. the mirrors work perfectly and look right at home but the handles were another story. pretty easy to fit once i figured everything out but i am running into probs with the actuators which were a little bent in places when i got them. the unlock mechanism on the actuators are binding so sometimes the doors wont unlock. looks like 3 or the 4 actuators are doing this although ive sorted one of them out by rebending the tabs on the mechanism. should have them all sorted by days end tho. overall the quality was pretty good (excepting the actuators) and everything was well packaged. finished pics to come soon. pretty good bang for the buck me thinks

Last edited by Rodgebone; 27-08-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 23-07-2010
No Winching

Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgebone View Post
lol Carves - i will never stop laughing at your disco .
Just no appreciation for fine workmanship ... thats your problem ...

The door handles look good .... supacrap has matching pedals with holes in them ....

Let us know whether the new shape mirrors cut down the wind whistle any .... That would be a nice bonus for the price.
Old 23-07-2010
AJOR Gold

how am i gonna hear wind noise over my chinese stereo going thump-thump?
Old 23-07-2010
AJOR Gold

ok, all the handles and mirrors are now fitted up. still a bit of binding in passenger side actuators so will see if im entitled to replacements. at least i can unlock them manually if all else fails. pretty happy with it all at the end of the day. now back to finishing the lift! next up: rear bumpstops and modded swaybar brackets. will wire up the mirror indicators later.

Last edited by Rodgebone; 27-08-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 23-07-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

I like the mirrors there Rodge....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 23-07-2010
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Finished the D44 install, gotta love the acceleration with the 4.56 and 32's, a bit buzzy on the freeway though so looking forward to taller tyres as well now. Also really happy with the Detroit Softlocker, very mild noises and just the occasional click even on a U-Turn, I was concerned a little when I first got it but couldn't be happier now.

Also got one of these

Hard to tell from the pics but this thing is beefy, and with the direction the load is on it etc there is no way its going to bend, it's built just right considering there was the potential for a lot of overkill with complicated braces etc.

Coke can for size reference, the tierod doesn't come with it but I put it on to help with the scale.

More pics of it installed tomorrow.

Cheers
Steve
Old 23-07-2010
Sandgroper

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Looking good Rodge!

'98 TJ
Post New Thread  Reply