2015 JKU lift - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-05-2020
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default 2015 JKU lift

I’m looking at lifting my Jeep, mainly road warrior, with occasional off-road.

Has anyone used 2.5” spacer kit with new shocks and had a positive experience? If so can you let me know which ones.

I’m currently looking at the teraflex 2.5” spacer kit and adding fox or teraflex shocks to suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-05-2020
Rated the trail

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts

Personally if messing with a vital component of the car I’d have a real serious think about doing it once and doing right... IMHO.... is do a full lift kit and get the shocks, springs, swaybar connects, track bar relocation brackets and front control arm correction brackets...

Old 21-05-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 108 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I ran a 2” spring and shock lift for a while with out any of the geometry correction gear. I did buy some longer sway bar links to use on the rear and transferred the rear links to the front. It was on the limit of what was ok re brake lines etc though so wouldn’t want to go any higher without any other gear.

Seamed pretty good and problem free. Not sure about a 2.5” spacer lift though as the factory springs are really soft.

I would grab a set of coils and shocks plus sway bar links but stick to 2” of Lift.

Lastly if you just want the look of the Jeep being taller you might be able to get away with just coils, I can’t remember how much extra length was in the factory shocks but seem to recall that they may have been the same length as the mopar 2” lift ones.

MY13 JKU Manual Billet Silver Rubicon,Leather,SAT/NAV,Towbar,AEV-Front-Bar
Old 21-05-2020
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

So something like this teraflex kit would be better?

https://www.sbroffroad.com.au/Suspen...eraflex-Shocks

I would opt in to the front control arms, so that would have all the necessary hardware?

Old 21-05-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 108 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default 2015 JKU lift

Even something like this.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/233240303763

What’s your budget?

MY13 JKU Manual Billet Silver Rubicon,Leather,SAT/NAV,Towbar,AEV-Front-Bar
Old 22-05-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

If your budget is really limited then a 1"-2" spacer lift is not a bad option because the stock springs aren't bad but if you want to be doing the type of driving where 2.5" lift is handy and considering that your JKU will spend most of its time on the tarmac, I suggest getting aftermarket springs. A good spring and shock combo also allows more flex to keep the wheels on the ground, which I have needed more than lift with type of off-road driving that I do.

You should also get longer sway bar links, rear track bar bracket, brake line brackets, bump stops appropriate for the shocks and front LCA drop brackets to make 2.5" lift handle well, which pushes the costs into a bracket where the extra cost of springs makes sense relative to the other costs.

There is also bigger or better tyres that you can consider before lift, depending on the type of off-road driving and on-road km that you want to do.

I presume that your JKU is stock so if it isn't a Rubicon, I suggest getting a front sway bar disconnects and also a steering stabiliser flip kit and an aftermarket rear diff cover as your first modifications. Lift doesn't mean anything when a rock peels open the rear diff.
Old 26-05-2020
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks,

Is this the steering flip kit your talking about?

* Synergy Jeep JK Steering Stabilizer Tie Rod Clamp

Based on everyone’s advise, I’m going to upgrade components first before the lift kit:

Currently looking at the following:

https://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/j...zer---JK.aspx#

2.5” lift kit with springs, shocks bump stops away bar disconnects ect.

2.5” teraflex front lower sport arms

Rear diff cover

Post New Thread  Reply