SO, the JK is...... - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2010
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post
I was going to leave this thread alone, as I can't really see the point.

The whole JK V's TJ thing is BS.

I have not seen one time where a legitimate question regarding a problem with the JK not being answered, or advice offered by owners of all Jeep models.

It's when the same question is raised over and over again, some JK owners do not want to hear constructive answers. They want to blame the dealer, the manufacturer for an issue that most (even other JK owners) see as trivial.

On dozens of occassions I have offered valid, sound advice or information. And somehow the advice was taken as "shit stirring by a TJ owner"..

I'm also sick of reading "If you don't own a JK, what are you doing in the JK section"... What that has to do with anything, I don't know.
So, by that logic. Cj owners can't read TJ threads. XJ owners can't read WJ threads....

Just because you don't own a particular model, doesn't mean you can't have an opinion or experienced advise to offer.

THIS IS THE REASON THERE IS TROUBLE IN THE JK SECTION

Jk owners have the same rights as any other member of AUSJEEP and have to play by the same rules.

I have never seen a TJ owner complain about a JK owner in the TJ section. Yet I regularily read compliants about a TJ owner in the JK section.

The division has to stop, we are all Jeep owners. Some of us multiple Jeep owners with different models.

Instead of jumping on the "trouble makers", how about assigning a moderator for the JK section who actually reads the entire thread and takes action against anyone who starts the personal insults.. I'd put money on a lot of JK owners with the first infractions..

And, we are Australians! we take the piss and shit stir. If it's all too much, don't play...............
Great response and but flawed in practice.

Unfortunately self regulation doesnt work and banter quickly turns to insults.

Its very plain to see reading back over the problem posts what has started the thread going from informative to trash.

Is the JK section moderated by a JK owner?

I appreciate that some people will post repetative posts about annoying details that have discussed before without doing a search. This is common to all forums and a mod can lead them in the right direction and delete the post if need be.

It wont take much to get this back on track once any nuicence posters are identified deleted..be them JK or any other owners. It just doesnt seem to be happening at the moment.

I dont think anyone wants fun/harmless banter to stop...but when you start receiving abusive PMs from people who disagree with your view point...then thats not banter.

Lets get it back on track.
Matt.
Old 08-03-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
Great response and but flawed in practice.

Unfortunately self regulation doesnt work and banter quickly turns to insults.

Its very plain to see reading back over the problem posts what has started the thread going from informative to trash.

Is the JK section moderated by a JK owner?

I appreciate that some people will post repetative posts about annoying details that have discussed before without doing a search. This is common to all forums and a mod can lead them in the right direction and delete the post if need be.

It wont take much to get this back on track once any nuicence posters are identified deleted..be them JK or any other owners. It just doesnt seem to be happening at the moment.

I dont think anyone wants fun/harmless banter to stop...but when you start receiving abusive PMs from people who disagree with your view point...then thats not banter.

Lets get it back on track.
Matt.

I agree that there is no need for threats or abuse.
Name calling...well, I've beeen guilty. And as long as it's not generally offensive I can't see a problem.

IHMO it doesn't matter if the moderator for the JK section ownes a JK or not. That's my point, we're all jeepers and it doesn't matter what you drive.
Old 08-03-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Holy carp, 5 pages and it still continues.....

An interesting range of responses, but in general opinion the overriding cause of aggro in the JK sections is JK owners themselves. Go figure.

As i said in the OP, I've never seen such an ongoing situation as this. It also seems that SOME JK owners cant take a joke, and dont like it when non-jk owners either read or post on 'their' section.

As i've already said, I purposely posted this topic in the general chat section so all could see it and feel free to comment, and many have. Maybe the fact that this has been raised will stop some of the biatching.

Personally, i dont read the JK section- i tend to look at the Forums/New Posts section which takes new posts from every section on AJOR (in red tool bar at top of the page). If it interests me, i'll read it, and maybe comment. Apparently i shouldnt read posts from the JK section, as i dont own a JK......... and dont think i ever will.
Old 08-03-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think a few of you need to get onto Oprah's website & learn how to take a chill pill. Otherwise I think there needs to be a few more females on here who can clean up half the dribble that comes out of some mouths.
Come on guys...play nice. Ausjeep was meant for jeepers to share & care.

Old 08-03-2010
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post
I agree that there is no need for threats or abuse.
Name calling...well, I've beeen guilty. And as long as it's not generally offensive I can't see a problem.

IHMO it doesn't matter if the moderator for the JK section ownes a JK or not. That's my point, we're all jeepers and it doesn't matter what you drive.
Fair call.... but it still needs something, JK or not!
Old 08-03-2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

spewing...i missed all the good stuff. Some one fill me in!
Old 08-03-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe it's time to lock this thread as it seems to be going off tangent. It was after all after opinions on JK's and what they are. It and i am probably a little at fault also seems to be heading down the track of being more about the owners than the Cars themselves. JK's are the evoloution of the stock Tj they are taller, wider, more capable and inherently stronger (modded vehicles don't count in this evaluation). Divisions between previous models will always exist especially in ones that have such a passionate following as Jeeps. From all the ones i have been on trips with they have proven to be just as reliable as any other and the only show stopping events have been due to driver error. I will not deny that some people have had problems with them, but this happens with all vehicles. I think someone said previously if they were so bad we'd have seen them on the news but i haven't. People also wouldn't be having to wait so long for them either. What i am finding the hardest to understand is the complaints about dealers i have found the ones here in QLD to be Awesome so what is it with other states. Maybe it's the people who run them indiviually not Jeep themselves who are letting you down.
Post New Thread  Reply