MY15 V17.43.01 is available for download - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-05-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Just installed the update on the wifes my15 KL and all went well.
Went from 14.29.9 to 17.43.01..
The dealer wanted to charge me $165 for this... (after I convinced them these updates existed)..
Thanks SJetc and Sox.!!

2015 KL Limited with all the goodies.
ex 06 KJ CRD Renegade, Lifted and GDE Tuned

Last edited by MadKaw; 23-05-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 22-05-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

i take it ppl have gone from 16.3 to 17 no worries , the pdf say v14 or lower but i assume that's when the instruction pdf was originally created
Old 22-05-2018
I just registered

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Did the update take the full 40 minutes as mentioned in the notes, or longer?

I hate leaving the car just running for that long - so I might chance it on a 2 hour drive I've got coming up later in the week. Though the whole turn car off, open doors, lock car, get out of car, spin around 2 times, hop back in car via passenger door instructions might be a bit hard

On the last update I think I just turned the car off after the update, went shopping and came back and things were as they should be.
Old 22-05-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

you dont need to have the car running. just acc

and trying to download from that site is bollox
Old 22-05-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scott View Post
My Overland plated 15 in US and June 16 in AU went in for a service today. I live on the Central Coast of NSW and had it done just south of me at the end of the M1. Asked if they could do any updates and was told it was not booked in for that so it would not be ready till much later and stated there was no update. They were informed that there was and they would look into it. After picking up the vehicle the update was not done as there computers were having a tissy fit ?. For give me if I am wrong but if a vehicle is booked in for a scheduled service that any update would be part of that service. If I am wrong does that mean that if you never asked for any updates that when the vehicle dies it would still have the original software. On another note the previous service they stated they had to do the update (the one that made the fans run fast at times) and I asked if they could not do it as there had been reports of problems. Told that they have to do it. (same dealer) GREAT PR from a dealer. So to any dealer out there or Jeep Australia ? Does the owner have to ask for updates or should they be done as part of a service?

David Scott

It seems to depend on your dealer. Why my previous MY14 I always had any updates done by the dealer without requesting them and they mentioned them on pick up. They also did not do that recall with the fan issue when I asked them not to, just made me sign a disclaimer on the invoice. I understand why people have some much hate for dealers when I read all these comments, thankfully to date I have had good service from mine. FYI, I was under warranty still so that may make a difference. Same with all the TSBs, always had these applied without issue but I know others haven’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22-05-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

It seems the stealerships are the last to know about TSBs. So good luck with that, most struggle to get the right oil correct.
Old 27-05-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

17.43.01 MY15 RJ3 is now available in the same location for Laredo owners.
Post New Thread  Reply