I'm back, in the WJ. Anyone keen for Anglesea/Paddys/Otways wheeling? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Victoria
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-06-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sweet Lexx.

I might wack up some sort of loop again. It's been a while.

Thinking about another tour around Anglesea/Paddys Swamp in approx 3-4 weeks.
Not too far from the big smoke that way

If you think it suits keep an eye out, same goes for anyone else.
Old 09-07-2015
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)
Red face

We've been camping a bit lately, perfect time of the year down here. No people, no insects and so cosy in the tent

We go down tracks exploring, in the wet Otways, the one in the pic is a narrow dead end we found out

Did a 6 point turn and all sweet.

But, but... on the way home from that trip it developed some growling in the rear diff.

Bugga. It just goes on and on. Fugg. Too loud to ignore.

So it's up on the hoist until I get new carrier bearings in it, then we'll see if the bloody pinion bearings are noisy too.

Might be a coupla more weeks again folks
Old 11-07-2015
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Went in and ordered two new carrier bearings.

These old carrier bearings would have been making at least some of the noise

You can just feel some of these wear formations pointed out by the red arrows, and they are right around the outer race mostly.

Timken Shmimken. It's only done 125,000km

Fingers crossed, replacing these stop the howling racket.
Old 01-09-2015
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)
Smile Top day out.

Such a nice day, so took it off and went and done some light Otways wheeling.

Tonnes of tracks still closed until November, but plenty of others that you can very easily come undone on

We just checked out a few west and south of Stevo's Falls. Dexter the Grand Cherro is going sweet at the moment

Didn't want to do much winching through boggy shit (just washed the winch rope), so mainly just did the easy ones. There are also tonnes of steep, wet, grassy, very slippery ones at the moment too. Not today.

When it dries out in a few months I'm very keen to go down there a fair bit.

Just a few crap pics.

Upgraded the air compressor today too. Far out, these are insane.

Old 13-09-2015
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)
Thumbs up The weather was wayy too awesome this weekend.

What happened to the WG Grand Chero pic thread
Can't find it.

Anyway, we took Dexter the WG out twice this weekend. Saturday night we had a bunch of fun out the back of Anglesea.

Today we went out towards the Western Burbs actually
Anyone wanna guess where we went playing?

Old 14-09-2015
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Well these pics bring back alot of great and sometimes scary memories from wheeling in the Otways in my much younger days. You will often find some insanely good tracks you would not normally find when all the tracks are open coz you normally stick wit what you know like Newcomb Spur and West Barwon track. There are some really good tracks down around Peterborough and Devondale. Some are dead end tracks now but they can be just as much fun as the ones that take you somewhere.
Old 14-09-2015
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Good to hear it brings back the memories JC

Half of me is keen to organise an awesome loop in there. But, it's so hard to do the logistics, cos' it's far away for 99% of the people in here, it's hard to know how to grade the trip accurately for folks, a lot of tracks are dead end/one wayers (as you say)...I'm pretty sure I personally couldn't organise a decent run in there ---->> And have everyone drive home happy they came

I'd whack up more pics but get carried away wheeling in those jungles, and don't get the camera out enough.

I've ridden around a lot in the Otways, I got the WG so I could show the missus and kid what they are missing out on.

End of Oct the tracks start opening again. I might put together some track notes and pics for people wanting to explore some. Maybe even put a little tour on Not sure yet. A bit hesitant for sure. Haha