Is it possible to escape the CoVid-19 off-grid? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-03-2020
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

We are all going to get it eventually.

Stay home, when you get sick, self quarantine to help slow the spread (emergency services and hospitals can only handle so much at any given time) and if you do need assistance you can get it.

Fact! in 2017/18 80,000 American's died as a result of the H3N2 influenza, 900,000 were hospitalized and that wasn't declared a Pandemic.
https://www.nfid.org/wp-content/uplo...-release-3.pdf

The problem (as I see it) is CoVid-19 has no vaccine yet but so far it is not as bad as H3N2 was. If you get sick just stay home.

The number of infected and the number that have died don't seem to support Social Media's opinion that it's the end of the world.

The worst thing about Corona is the Aussie dollar took a dive and now my jeep parts are more expensive
Old 18-03-2020
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I work at the Newcastle Coal Loaders. I've banned my guys from stepping foot on the ships until it's over and they must clean their hands every time they enter the office.

There is no testing for the crews, we rely on the Captain's word that they are clear and there is no way a Captain would report one of his crew is sick. If they did, it would be banned from coming alongside and the shipping company would lose hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It doesn't help the situation when so called experts are getting on tv and saying expect 150000 deaths.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 18-03-2020
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sitting here quietly in rural Thailand, chilling watching all the madness on the news. Not to say things won't change here dramatically and fast, but as it stands, sitting in what I consider to be one of the safer places at this current time.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 19-03-2020
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Sitting here quietly in rural Thailand, chilling watching all the madness on the news. Not to say things won't change here dramatically and fast, but as it stands, sitting in what I consider to be one of the safer places at this current time.
Stay safe!
You are on the edge of the volcano!
Stay well away from local wild life ~ wet markets etc.
No bat soup!
Everything cooked to boiling.
You are probably old enough to be getting close to the elevated risk group!
There is a trial of a combination of an anti Malaria drug & a HIV drug that kills the virus. You are probably well placed to get your hands on them if needed.
Its getting very quiet in Aust. Everything shutting down. People staying home except for idiots rushing on toilet paper.
Nearly all of the cases are on the east coast & capital cities. Inland (bush) is still clean.
Old 19-03-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I was going to do similar, until I heard about cases 60kms outside of Khon Kaen.
Old 19-03-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Only Toymotor drivers get the Corolla virus, you are safe in your Jeep !!!
Old 19-03-2020
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
I was going to do similar, until I heard about cases 60kms outside of Khon Kaen.
Still sitting here quietly, started disinfecting more rigerously and limiting the people we deal with. Streets are pretty quiet.

All the pubs, gogo bars, massage parlors and sports arenas have been put into lock down in Bangkok now for 14 days, there was 11 cases from men out drinking together, as well as others from a muay thai fighting stadium.

My wife mentioned people were talking in the streets this morning about a thai woman in town having it, and that she had a farang (foreigner) husband, nothing concrete in truth though, hope they weren't talking about her haha.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply